Slide fire stock

PDA

Sentryau2
May 22, 2013, 05:29 AM
Ok so I've been thinking about this. The libs are so afraid of guns and etc and hi cap mags but they haven't ever really said anything about slide fire or the other bump fire stocks. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they haven't and I believe everyone should have a right to their expensive toys. Why has bump fire stocks never shown up in the media? Why have they never been the target of a ban? I mean I would think they would be more afraid of thoes then a 30 round magazine?

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide fire stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Elessar
May 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm sure it will come up at some point becuase the news can make a scary video with them. The truth is, those stocks are stupid. If someone had a rifle and was trying to kill me, I would definately hope they were using a slide fire stock.

SabbathWolf
May 22, 2013, 03:59 PM
The stocks are not stupid. They work.
If you are not a millionaire who can afford full-auto guns, I think these still seem fun.

I do think the Bumpski stock is a lot better made than the Slide-Fire stock however. The Bumpski is metal instead of plastic and you can use your own choice of whatever pistol grip you personally like. And you can lock it in normal semi-auto mode as well.

I don't own one, but it looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_SWefYWKw0

Dframe
May 22, 2013, 04:49 PM
A LOT of money for what is essentially just a spring. Other products that do much the same thing have been around for decades. About the only thing these offer is a more stable platform than earlier incarnations. Yhey attempt to find a static condition where the spring pushes the gun foreward just enough to fire it and allows recoil to push it back again. If the spring tension is exactly right, the gun fires almost like a full auto. Aside from the "fun factor" I don't see that they're very useful.

SabbathWolf
May 22, 2013, 04:52 PM
A LOT of money for what is essentially just a spring. Other products that do much the same thing have been around for decades. About the only thing these offer is a more stable platform than earlier incarnations. Yhey attempt to find a static condition where the spring pushes the gun foreward just enough to fire it and allows recoil to push it back again. If the spring tension is exactly right, the gun fires almost like a full auto. Aside from the "fun factor" I don't see that they're very useful.
That's totally wrong man.
There are "no" springs involved.
The ATF ruled that springs in these stocks make them a machinegun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide fire stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!