Pmags???

PDA

Archangel14
May 22, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm seeing 10 round AR 15 PMAGS going for around $42. Is this basically what they've always cost, or is that hysteria pricing? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pmags???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tomrkba
May 22, 2013, 01:44 PM
That is crazy. I just bought some Gen3 black PMags for $17.95 each. Do not pay more than $20 per magazine.

9mmfan
May 22, 2013, 01:44 PM
I want to say I spent $14 apiece for 30 rounders a couple years ago at the Dallas Market Hall Gun Show. No way would I spend $42 for a 10 round mag.

Archangel14
May 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm sitting this one out. We're in a big bubble and it looks like prices are easing. I believe in the market. If I can sell a product way above normal retail, then so be it. I don't get nearly as angry with sellers as I do with the silly consumer. I guess if you absolutely need a 10 round mag, then by all means pay the $42 plus tax. But I suspect that there are plenty of firearm enthusiasts out there who already have an abundance of mags and ammo and guns, who just keep on buying and buying....driving prices up. Case in point, I have a buddy who just has to have a Garand. Absolutely needs it, he tells me. Gotta have one now, before they're all gone, before the government steps in and bans them. Never mind that he already owns NINE great samples of this fine firearm, among the other 40 semi-auto rifles that are in his safe. Well, he just paid $2,500 for what we can consider a "field grade" Garand.

I'm done for now....I'm sitting this out until some sanity returns to the market.:mad:

lpsharp88
May 22, 2013, 06:05 PM
I found some of the new PMAG 10's for $15 a piece on gunbroker. I should mention that that was a little over a week ago, may not hold true now

allaroundhunter
May 22, 2013, 06:11 PM
They are selling for that much because people in restricted areas are still willing to pay that. No way that I would pay that amount, though.

paintballdude902
May 22, 2013, 09:27 PM
lol wut?

check aimsurplus i know they just got several crates of pmags in...

hso
May 22, 2013, 10:01 PM
I received an email from Aim Surplus offering 30 round Pmags for $13/ea.

Archangel14
May 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
Aim Surplus has the 30 round magazines. I'm concerned about 10 rounders. My state is restricted to 10 rounds. That's a difficult magazine to find for a fair price. I've seen some sights that have them for $29.99. But considering you can get a 30 rounder for about $14, the prices for the 10 rounders are nuts.

I'm sitting this one out......

45lcshooter
May 23, 2013, 12:29 AM
Yes I saw the pic on Facebook of Aimsurplus PMag shipment. Very large quantity of boxes. And not gouging.

Archangel14
May 23, 2013, 10:08 PM
Again, I'm waiting for the insanity to end. BUT, unlike other market crashes (think housing market here), I don't think prices of firearms and firearm related items will collapse. Unless the economy tanks hard, you're never going to see AR's going for $300. There's a real "emotional" factor when it comes to firearms. I knew a guy that was losing his house, but was still out buying $1,000+ firearms, even when he had a closet full of the things. But give it 6 to 12 months....prices will come down.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Pmags???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!