EAA Witness rear sights

PDA

Tony S45
May 23, 2013, 06:55 PM
Help!

A couple of us who shoot pre-2005 Witness 9mm full sized guns need stock rear sights. Checked with EAA, Numerich, LPA, online, etc. but can't come up with anyone who has these parts.

Any suggestions???

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Witness rear sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walt Sherrill
May 23, 2013, 08:02 PM
Many after-market sight makers also have sights for most guns. The Brownells site might have something, too -- and maybe MidwayUSA.

If nothing else, you can always have a gunsmith cut a different dovetail on the rear, to fit a different sight.

If you really like the gun, spending that extra amount can be worth it.

7mmb
May 23, 2013, 08:02 PM
Check with Henning Wallgren. If he can't find them then neither will you.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/main.html

Tony S45
May 23, 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I sent an email to Hennings some days ago but I've not received a reply. Previously checked with Brownells & Midway. Nada except LPA aftermarket

The biggest issue is that Tanfoglio, Italian maker of the guns imported by EEA, changed their frame size in 2005 which has a new dovetail quite different from the prior model, which I own.

I have an LPA "low-profile" adjustable rear but it's too low even at it's highest setting. Called & left message and sent an email to LPA. So far no response.

Still searching!

bdb benzino
May 23, 2013, 11:20 PM
Tanfoglio still makes the Witness "Classic", I believe. It is in the smaller frame also, maybe the sights are the same too.

Walt Sherrill
May 23, 2013, 11:34 PM
You might try CALLING the Henning firm -- their number is shown on the website (under the CONTACT US tab): (303) 834 8289

Some businesses haven't really gotten into E-Mail as intensely as we have. <grin>

Tony S45
May 23, 2013, 11:35 PM
bdb benzino:

I checked that out . The rear sight on the "Classic" is the new dovetail which is not only different from the pre-2005 but also set forward approx. 3/4" on the slide.

Walt:

Will do.

ku4hx
May 24, 2013, 12:52 PM
Like Walt said, a reputable gunsmith can likely cut a new rear sight dovetail right "over" the old one and you can then install your rear sight of choice. You may need a new front sight though.

I've had that done several times and the result were outstanding. The last two were Novak, one fixed; one adjustable, but there are many sights to choose from and often they are superior to the OEMs.

Walt Sherrill
May 24, 2013, 12:56 PM
Re: matching colors up after a gunsmith does some cutting...

The Wonder Finish isn't really a finish -- it's a surface hardening treatment (according to EAA Corp), apparently applied before the finish color is applied.

If you have milling done, and you've got a model that's silver, you can just get some model paint and mix up a match and color/paint it where metal might be exposed. Cold blue will (or matte black auto touchup paint) will fix it if it's blued/dark.

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA Witness rear sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!