Citori Lightning

PDA

CNobbe
May 23, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thinking about a standard Lightning/White Lightning Field grade in to use (mostly for skeet and some trap). It would be replacing my Beretta semi auto which I'm thinking of selling.

Just haven't had a nice O/U yet in my life. I've tried a friends' 725 Sporting which was awesome, but really don't want to spend the extra $ on one if at all possible, I get out maybe once or twice a week for clays.

I know the purpose built guns like the XT and XS are better suited for their game, but all this gun needs to do is shoot a round of trap on monday, and maybe a couple rounds of skeet on Sunday..

Am still considering the 686, tried an Ultra light Beretta tonight, nice gun, but too light for clays in my opinion. Any Beretta O/Us use Optima chokes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Citori Lightning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
May 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
Start to add up how many targets that will be - almost 5,000 per year. While Browning field guns are almost the same weight as their target guns, the target stocks and slight additional weight DO play a role in long-term comfort. The target guns also typically come with longer barrels making shooting targets somewhat better. I had a 26 Citori - my first O/U I bought when JC Penney got out of selling guns - sucker weighed 8#. Little later I bought a 32" Gti - which I still shoot 18 years later. This gun has over 250,000 rounds through it and still swings great on sporting clays.

If you really like the 725 - then get it; otherwise there will always be that nagging little doubt and buyer's remorse.

As to the Beretta - IF the Browning fits you, odds are the Beretta O/U won't because they utilize different stock dimensions, so get the one that fits the best. Again, ULTAlight is NOT what you want for targets - shoot the heaviest gun that is comfortable with the lightest loads for the least recoil (and the least cumulative damage).

My wife's A400 uses the Optima HP, different choke, I am not sure what the current O/Us use - Beretta was always good about changing things with new models - try their website

If you enjoyed reading about "Citori Lightning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!