Looking for bipod recommendations

PDA

scythefwd
May 24, 2013, 12:36 PM
Ok folks... getting ready to finish out my savage build with an anschutz rail.

I want a bipod, quality, stable, and able to tilt, that will attach directly to the rail vs. an adapter (either sticking off an handstop like the versa's do, or a sling swivel adapter or picatinny rail adapter) that would be installed in the rail.

Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for bipod recommendations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SabbathWolf
May 24, 2013, 03:08 PM
If you go with something like this, it opens up other possibilities.
I think the picatinny rail adapter is pretty solid. Why don't you like it?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/524047/atlas-bipod-afar-accuracy-international-freeland-anschutz-rail-kit-steel-black

scythefwd
May 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
Trying to avoid going that route. To me, nothing looks as bad as a bolted on pic rail on a laminate stock. Before I go that route, I'd go with a sling swivel rail accessory so I can mount anything that goes on a swivel.

May end up going with a Parker Hale handstop/bipod mount.

SabbathWolf
May 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
OK. Finding an Anschutz specific bipod is tough.

scythefwd
May 27, 2013, 03:28 AM
There's a couple options..

Versa pod makes a handstop that has a bipod mount on it.. you slide the handstop forward to use the bipod, and keep it back to use it as a handstop.. Though it's still an adapter.

B!ngo
May 28, 2013, 12:05 AM
I recently purchased an Atlas bipod. It's the model that clamps to a picatinny rail. It is very solid, functions smoothly and seems a big step up from a Harris which it should be given the price. Also U.S. made (I believe). I liked the rail clamp model so that I could readily swap it between a few rifles.
I wish I had seen that add-on noted in #2 since it looks like it would have been a lower cost alternative for the Tikka (well Sako) branded part I had to buy to install such a rail on my Sporter. Waaay more money going with the Finland made part.
B

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for bipod recommendations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!