MOLON LABE: Pro-Second Amendment metal song

PDA

Sgt Prepper
May 26, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hello, Everyone:

My friends and I just wrapped-up writing, recording, and mixing a pro-Second Amendment, anti-gun grabbing metal song about a month ago. We are passionate about our Rights, and decided to write about them. I thought I would share it with you here. Just a heads-up... there is some "adult" language in a few of the verses - it's a real toe tapper. Thanks for listening!

http://youtu.be/g_JuaQN4LWE

If you enjoyed reading about "MOLON LABE: Pro-Second Amendment metal song" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ngnrd
May 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
Not my thing, but I appreciate your passion.

And, welcome to the forum.

Sgt Prepper
May 26, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for listening, and for the welcome!

Liberty1776
May 26, 2013, 04:19 PM
Nicely done - I will pass this around to my friends...

tacxted
May 27, 2013, 12:47 AM
Brings a smile to my face. I love it \m/

gspn
May 27, 2013, 12:51 AM
Not my thing, but I appreciate your passion.

And, welcome to the forum.

Well said...I didn't know what to say...so i'm going to say the same thing you just said. :D

caribou
May 27, 2013, 03:39 AM
SWEET!

I have a Metal Heart, and you've got talent.

Im gonna rip n play :D

For those who don't know, Metal artists are very motivated by politics, and even the survivors of The Pit know when freedoms being attacked.
Megadeth in 1988 put out this historical tune,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HaygCJEvEU

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 27, 2013, 04:06 AM
Not getting any audio :(

~On The Road Again...~

Sgt Prepper
May 27, 2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks again for the listen!

leadcounsel
May 27, 2013, 05:24 PM
My friend Aaron sent me this. I went to high school with him. I believe he's the guitarist....

RustHunter87
May 27, 2013, 05:57 PM
:evil: I liked it, particularly the part about wiping with the bill of rights

Fred_G
May 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
Good job! A bit to heavy for my tastes, but I like the pro 2A stuff in the music.

Sgt Prepper
May 28, 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Sgt Prepper
May 28, 2013, 09:54 PM
My friend Aaron sent me this. I went to high school with him. I believe he's the guitarist....
Hey, leadcounsel! This is me. haha!

rustedangel
May 29, 2013, 01:34 PM
I hear a touch of Pepper Keenan in the lead vocals (a compliment, I really dig Pepper's sound).

That said, I think it's really hard to write explicitly political music and not have it come off gimmicky. Politics is an important and unfortunately inescapable part of the human experience, so it will always be a topic for art, but my taste is for the message to be more toned down and made in indirect references or expressions of ideals more than explicit statements of policy position.

However, that's just my two cents. Keep playing and writing, and death to the false!

Sgt Prepper
May 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the listen, rustedangel!

HEAVY METAL 1
May 29, 2013, 11:41 PM
oh yeah!!!!

I love it, naturally...\m/

InkEd
May 30, 2013, 12:05 AM
Vocals are a little higher pitched than I like but not bad. Has a bit of that old school Pantera spoken word "Yesterday don't mean ****" sound to it.

Sgt Prepper
May 30, 2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks, HEAVY METAL 1! Appreciate the support.

Sgt Prepper
May 30, 2013, 01:04 AM
Vocals are a little higher pitched than I like but not bad. Has a bit of that old school Pantera spoken word "Yesterday don't mean ****" sound to it.
Appreciate the support and the listen, InkEd!

If you enjoyed reading about "MOLON LABE: Pro-Second Amendment metal song" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!