The elusive Kentucky Rifle captured...

PDA

Oleg Volk
March 18, 2004, 01:34 AM
...and a CMOS imager.

Went to visit him earlier today and finally got to meet the man face to face. Interesting and very charming fellow. Was definitely worth the drive.

If you enjoyed reading about "The elusive Kentucky Rifle captured..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
March 18, 2004, 06:51 AM
His dogs love him, and appear to be concerned about him.

John

Ben Shepherd
March 18, 2004, 10:10 AM
Always good to see another face on the correct side of the issues.:D

Oleg Volk
March 18, 2004, 12:58 PM
His dogs love him, and appear to be concerned about him.

With good reason. He's gone through very tough times just now, and can look forward to more of the same. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to realize how many friends he has, and how much they care about him. One just did a 200 mile trip at night to cheer him up. Maybe we can all show Will (Kentucky Rifle) how much he is appreciated here...email works.

BHPshooter
March 18, 2004, 01:49 PM
It's nice to finally be able to put a face to the name!

How do you like those Black Labs, Will? They're about as affectionate as an organism can get, aren't they?

Be well.
Wes

El Tejon
March 18, 2004, 05:29 PM
How do, neighbor.:D

Kentucky Rifle
March 18, 2004, 09:07 PM
Wes: The white dog is a Dalmatian. The black one is part Black Lab and Part Doberman or Great Dane. Both were rescued. (When I had a wife), we went to a large pet supply store to buy some dog food. It turned out that someone had came in with "Pepper" (the big black dog) and just said, "I don't have TIME for this dog anymore". Anyway, when we (or, I guess just me now) saw this beautiful girl we brought her home that night. She's lived here for about three years now. The Dalmatian we got as a puppy. The soon to be former wife and I pulled into a convienence store parking lot where these teenagers were abusing him. This absolutely made me go ballistic! I gladly offered to rip a few faces off or perhaps do to them what they had been doing to the pup. (Swinging him 'round & 'round by the leash in an attempt to make him dizzy so they could laugh at him when he tried to walk.) A few objected, but retreated when they saw the "thousand yard stare". Anyway, he too came home with us that night.<shrug>

Painful time right now. Difficult to sleep, eat, be...

KR

SodaPop
March 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
I have lots of friends at THR and I'm always looking to expand.

I've made lots of long trips to visit my shooting buddies and it appears I'm not the only one that does it.

:cool:

yesterdaysyouth
March 21, 2004, 10:50 AM
the invite to come up and shoot is always open.....

Skunkabilly
March 21, 2004, 11:15 AM
Hey KR, what kinda skin do you got there on your belt?

Hey Oleg did you see his CF collection?

KR--fellow carbonfibrous disciple....

dustind
March 25, 2004, 11:07 PM
Thank you Kentucky Rifle for your service in the armed forces, and on the high road.

March 25, 2004, 11:12 PM
I liked the guy to begin with, but after hearing the dog stories he is my kind of guy.

BluesBear
March 31, 2004, 07:01 AM
Well us Kentuckians are likeable folk.
Kentucky Rifle is no exception. Nice to finally put a face with the words.

Kentucky Rifle
April 12, 2004, 01:58 PM
Friends.
Thank you for the contacts. I'm 30 pounds lighter, a little dizzy, and I can't see very well, but I appreciate the well-wishes I've received. It has been quite an ordeal.

KR

Ben Shepherd
April 12, 2004, 09:50 PM
Welcome back!!!

I know I have never read one of your posts that I didn't either agree with, or learn something from. This country needs a lot more like you, Sir.

Here's to your health, and God bless.
Ben

BHPshooter
April 13, 2004, 01:08 AM
I'm very glad that you're still around, Will.

We care about you.

Wes

echo3mike
April 13, 2004, 05:15 AM
Good guy and a credit to THR.

We're all pullin' for ya', mano.

S.

If you enjoyed reading about "The elusive Kentucky Rifle captured..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!