How long is your recent form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?

PDA

kimberkid
May 31, 2013, 12:08 PM
The first of February I bought a few suppressors ... a 22LR my dealer had in stock, sent in the form 4 and it went pending in about 2 weeks ... the others he had to order. My SilencerCo Osprey 45 came in late March, I sent in the form 4 on 3/28 and it hasn't gone pending yet!

I just got off the phone with BATFE and they said its taking about 2 months after your check clears for forms to go pending ... anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "How long is your recent form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LawBot5000
May 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
It's going to vary depending upon where you live. There are about a dozen examiners. Some are assigned to a single high volume state (FL for instance) while most handle groups of low volume states.

My last one came back in April, almost exactly 6 months after being received.

jl1288
May 31, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi, my form 1 took 188 days from mail out to my receiving my stamp. With the current shenanigans going on in Washington ( read sequestration) I don't see things improving much.

TIMC
May 31, 2013, 10:44 PM
For me it was 181 days from check cashed for 4 suppressors that I picked up about a month ago here in Texas. Still have a hard time getting the smile off my face. ;)

martymcfly
June 1, 2013, 04:19 PM
I called the ATF about a week ago to check on my form 4. I called a couple days shy of 8 weeks (didn't tell the lady when I sent my forms in) and she said it was taking 8 weeks at least for things to go pending. Haven't called back to check the status yet.

They really need an online tool to let us check on things without a phone call.

Gato MontÚs
June 2, 2013, 02:32 AM
Guys he's asking how long to pending, not the whole transfer.

I don't know how well I can answer cause I didn't mail the forms and don't trust my dealer enough to think he mailed them right away, but my dealer had my completed Form 4 in his hands October 22nd of last year and I went pending over a month later on November 27th. My check didn't show as cashed until the 14th of November, a solid three weeks after dropping off the materials.

The wait from mailing to pending is the worst part; at least when you go pending you know the gears are rolling (slowly, but still rolling nonetheless). Hang in there KK!

LawBot5000
June 2, 2013, 12:50 PM
It was a couple of weeks for me last october/november.

Impureclient
June 2, 2013, 01:44 PM
Silencerco Sparrow

Bought on 11/28/12
Sent form on 11/29/12
Forms arrived 11/30/12
Check cashed 12/7/12
Pending on 12/20/12
Albert Lamberger in Florida is the examiner.

Still waiting.

Arizona_Mike
June 2, 2013, 09:18 PM
I had 3 Form 1s that took 8 weeks to go pending.

Mike

BigBoyToyz
June 2, 2013, 11:45 PM
How many people different peoples hands actually touch your paperwork? From opening the mail, to sorting the paperwork, delivering to examiners, mailing back, etc? If I was buying say 5-10+ items, Id make sure each person handling the paperwork got an extra hundred bucks in cash for jumping the lines. I guess it would only work if there was less than 10 people involved in the process because I would only put in an extra grand. Then there is also the possibility that they wont distribute the tips evenly between each other or even move your request up a bit at all.

Sort of like when someone skips ahead of you at the airport because they are paying to be a VIP. Not illegal there. Or when someone cuts in front of you at the grocery store checkout line. Rude, but I dont think its illegal is it?

Anyways, my point is that the examiners at the ATF should do the same thing. Have a "tip account". For every form submitted have the option of Rush Priority VIP for an extra hundred bucks (or a fee they determine that goes straight to the workers involved with the paperwork) because the people opening the mail are not personally collecting the 200 dollar check and pocketing it.

Impureclient
June 3, 2013, 12:48 AM
I already just spent almost $900 in total for a small piece of metal that only purpose is to make shooting comfortable for myself and others. No way I would spend another $200 to grease any government worker's overpaid wheels.
The stamp fee is outdated and they know it. We are lucky they don't just update it with an adjusted inflation price out of spite. $200 in 1934 money is almost $3500.
We shouldn't be rewarding them any further for dragging this out like they do anyway. If getting a concealed permit only takes a couple weeks then this process should be no different.

The whole process is very sloppy and should be handled with computers, not mailing paper and checks in like a rebate from buying something. Mail in rebates are created to extract money from people who are too lazy or just forget to turn in the rebate. This stamp has similar sinister beginnings in that it's original intent was to price an NFA item out of range of most of the population. An unadjusted inflation price has worked itself out in our favor and now we have to deal with an inept organization to handle the process.

It's already been said before that if you are approved for one item, the rest should be in the bag. They are in this just to inconvenience us, that is all. They don't deserve any cent more for taking as long as they do.

Arizona_Mike
June 3, 2013, 01:06 AM
$3500 in terms of inflation, but earning power has greatly outpaced inflation. $200 in 1934 was 3 months of average American household income. It was intended to be a practical ban (ab)using the Federal taxing power.

Mike

LawBot5000
June 3, 2013, 03:25 AM
The 200 dollar tax is almost a non-issue anymore, at least to me. It's not even a day's work anymore. Even after taxes.

And inflation has only just started IMO.

thorazine
June 3, 2013, 11:57 AM
Wait times right now are pretty horrible eh?

Last ones I submitted were in 2010 and they all took a little less than ninety days to get the stamp.

MachIVshooter
June 4, 2013, 01:35 AM
My SBR was mailed in Oct. 16 2012, went pending Nov 20 2012. I just got my stamp today. It would have been a couple of weeks ago, but they rejected my fingerprint cards, so that held things up a bit. Regardless, we're talking almost 8 months in my case.

Finally have it, though! :D

Impureclient
June 11, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mine just arrived yesterday. Already posted elsewhere but thought it would be more pertinent to this post so...

Stamp arrived 6/10/13! 6 months and one and a half weeks since the form arrived or 5 months and two and a half weeks after pending. Form is on a trust.

Captains1911
June 13, 2013, 03:23 PM
about 6 months

Lennyjoe
June 14, 2013, 12:42 AM
I'm only a month in....:(

kimberkid
June 15, 2013, 11:14 AM
Because my check still hadn't cleared after 2.5 months, I decided to call one last time to check my status before canceling the check and re-submitting my paperwork ...

I told the agent my check still had not cleared for a form 4 transfer ... after giving them the serial number and sellers name they said it went pending on 6/3/2013 ... I was informed processing is now taking 9 months, and that does not include the 2 months it sat there waiting to go pending ...

... so a estimated total of 11 months.

All I can say is "WHY?"

Like many here I've been "processed" many times before, there is no legitimate reason not to have a card like CCW or an account ... because if I don't pass, they need to come visit me.

If the government was running a legitimate business, they'd be out of business.

Rob62
June 15, 2013, 12:48 PM
All I can say is that I have been waiting about 7 months, going on 8, and still have not gotten my form 1 back yet. This was done through a "Trust" so would have thought that may speed the process up some. But from what I am reading and hearing, Trust or Individual purchase it makes no difference. Wait times are about the same.

Regards,

Rob

bikemutt
June 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
Its been discussed here before; the problem is largely one of the volume of transactions, the time it takes to process each one, the number of examiners, and the amount of time available in a business day.

Unless someone can come up with a reason for the government to adjust one or more of the factors above, the situation will not improve.

Imagine if a public poll was taken which asked if the government should spend more money to hire examiners so we, the few, would experience shorter delays with our NFA purchases. I shudder to think what the response would be.

Time is friction in the case of NFA, I don't see any grease laying around.

Capybara
June 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
Just received my Form 4 back, 7 months, almost to the day. My dealer has several other Form 4s out, all of the most recent ones this year have taken 7 months. We are in California, if that matters, I think there are ATF examiners that handle regions so for our western states, this seems to be the time required in 2013. YMMV.

Narwhal
June 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
For my last item, a form 4 suppressor transfer, the check was cashed July 6th 2012 and the stamp recieved April 6th, 2013.

That's 9 months. This is for Sara Jones of Texas.

I have two Form 1 SBR's whose checks were cashed December 18th, 2012. No sign of those yet, today makes 6 months.

Can anyone explain how to check when a transfer goes pending and what the significance of that is? Do you have to call the ATF to find out?

Impureclient
June 18, 2013, 10:41 PM
Yes, just call the ATF and have your serial number ready and they will tell you when it went pending. From what I understand about pending it is the date you can begin to estimate how long it will take.
Apparently pending times currently are up to two months after the check is cashed. Mine went from cashed to pending in two weeks and we sent them in close to the same time. My check was cashed
on 12/7 and went pending on 12/20. So if your checks were cashed 12/18 a good guess is that it went pending roughly the first week of Jan 2013. Tack on six months to that and close to 6/21 is when
you should get yours based on what mine did anyway. Of course with yours being form 1 and a totally different examiner it might be different. NFAtracker.com seems to pretty good source or an educated guess.

Just looked in NFAtracker and based on when your two stamps went pending (or should have went) in that first week of Jan, there are already people getting their stamp who sent it in on the same date so it should be soon.

Look at page number 24 in NFAtracker.com

Narwhal
June 19, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, just call the ATF and have your serial number ready and they will tell you when it went pending. From what I understand about pending it is the date you can begin to estimate how long it will take.
Apparently pending times currently are up to two months after the check is cashed. Mine went from cashed to pending in two weeks and we sent them in close to the same time. My check was cashed
on 12/7 and went pending on 12/20. So if your checks were cashed 12/18 a good guess is that it went pending roughly the first week of Jan 2013. Tack on six months to that and close to 6/21 is when
you should get yours based on what mine did anyway. Of course with yours being form 1 and a totally different examiner it might be different. NFAtracker.com seems to pretty good source or an educated guess.

Just looked in NFAtracker and based on when your two stamps went pending (or should have went) in that first week of Jan, there are already people getting their stamp who sent it in on the same date so it should be soon.

Look at page number 24 in NFAtracker.com
Thanks,

I called them today and asked them about it but they seemed to have trouble figuring out what I wanted to know. I gave them the six digit serial number from the side of one of the recievers and told them it was a Form 1.....they kept asking them who's name it was under so I gave them my name and the trusts' name.......then we got disconnected. Oh well, maybe I'll try again next week. They kept asking if there were more digits in the serial number as if there were supposed to be more? Beats me.

dwc032
June 21, 2013, 12:33 AM
I submitted my paperwork on 10-10-12, and pending on 12-17-12. As of today still no stamp.

MenaceMan47
June 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
Dec 4, 2012 - mailed ppw out
Dec 21, 2012 - ppw went pending
May 10, 2013 - ppw up for review
June 20, 2013 - ppw signed off
June 21, 2013 - ppw mailed out
June 24, 2013 - ppw arrived home

Lennyjoe
June 26, 2013, 07:30 PM
How are you getting the status? Number to call, website to view? Thx.

Brockak47
June 27, 2013, 01:09 AM
I have 2 stamps waiting to come back, both were mailed in the same envelope.

AZ transfers on F4 individual to F4 individual

Check cashed: Feb 26, 2013
Date pending: Apr. 11, 2013
Stamps approved: TBA
Stamps in hand:TBA

Brockak47
June 27, 2013, 01:12 AM
How are you getting the status? Number to call, website to view? Thx.
If you wish to confirm receipt of an application by ATF or obtain a status check on a pending application, you should call the NFA Branch at 304-616-4500. It will help the NFA Branch locate your application more quickly if you have the serial number of the firearm sought for transfer and the name of the prospective transferee.

MenaceMan47
June 28, 2013, 12:06 AM
Yup, what Brock said. I keep ATF WV's number on speed-dial. It would be nice if ATF set up a website, but that would be asking too much of them I think.

Narwhal
June 29, 2013, 12:55 AM
Ok, I received my two Form 1 SBR's from December today.

Letters sent 12/10/12, checks cashed 12/18/12, stamps received 6/28/13.

Hope this helps.

MenaceMan47
June 30, 2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah, my SBR last year took about the same length of time (6+ months) to come back. My DD stamp just came in this past monday after the same amount of wait time.

wacki
July 2, 2013, 01:11 PM
I've submitted 9 stamps since last october. I've seen a consistent and dramatic increase in wait times. Last october it was about 2 days from cashed to pending.

Feb 20013 about 6 weeks cashed -> pending

March about 8 weeks cashed -> pending

April 8 weeks 1 day cashed -> pending

My May & June cans have not gone pending yet.

waterhouse
July 3, 2013, 12:33 AM
I got two form 4s back today, both on a trust, 6 months and 2 days.

kimberkid
July 3, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks,

I called them today and asked them about it but they seemed to have trouble figuring out what I wanted to know. I gave them the six digit serial number from the side of one of the recievers and told them it was a Form 1.....they kept asking them who's name it was under so I gave them my name and the trusts' name.......then we got disconnected. Oh well, maybe I'll try again next week. They kept asking if there were more digits in the serial number as if there were supposed to be more? Beats me.
You should have a copy of the form 1 or 4 that you sent in ... just read them the info off of that.

Apple a Day
July 4, 2013, 01:35 PM
6 months and one week

Arizona_Mike
July 8, 2013, 02:59 PM
Yup, what Brock said. I keep ATF WV's number on speed-dial. It would be nice if ATF set up a website, but that would be asking too much of them I think.
They would need to implement some way to verify that it is you. It is confidential tax information.

Mike

Bubbles
July 9, 2013, 05:36 PM
Sigh, I have been told to expect for forms submitted now:
F2 - 30 days
F3 - 90 days
F1/4 - 9 months
:banghead:

CoRoMo
July 9, 2013, 06:08 PM
Sigh, I have been told to expect for forms submitted now:
-
F3 - 90 days
-
:banghead:

Hmmmm.

F3 between Silencer Shop and my LGS took ~43 days; sent April 29, approved on June 11.

I was hoping by Christmas, but 9 months would mean mid-March. :banghead:indeed

Akita1
July 11, 2013, 03:39 PM
4 mos. in for my can as of today; sending my SBR next week, perhaps by next summer...

Lennyjoe
July 11, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sent out early May. Called today, nothing. Not even pending........:(

Bubbles
July 14, 2013, 09:49 AM
Has the check been cashed yet?

SharpsDressedMan
August 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
Just had three suppressor Form 4's returned; two from one dealer, and another from a different dealer.....all mailed to BATF the same day in late January. All arrived yesterday, so about 6 months exactly, given mail time. I was previously on file, so that may or may not have sped things up in my apps.

kimberkid
August 2, 2013, 06:03 PM
I was previously on file, so that may or may not have sped things up in my apps.
I'm already on file too ...

I have an SBR stamp that should be coming any time now and my 22 suppressor that was mailed in on 2/7 should be here in about another month

Praxidike
August 2, 2013, 09:51 PM
.. delete

Dirty Dawg
August 7, 2013, 12:04 PM
Sounds like Brockak47 and I are running a close race. Check cashed end of Feb, pending 4/19, I was told to expect 9 months to approve. If that 9 month wait began on 4/19, I can expect to receive my suppressor in January, almost one year after beginning the process.

martymcfly
August 8, 2013, 11:49 AM
For my 22 thunderbeast, it took about 10 weeks from the checking being dropped in the mail to going pending, it was 8 weeks from check cash to pending.

Should get approval by the end of Feb so I'm looking at between 10-11 months total for that one.

I recently purchased a 45 octane FDE, the form 1 dealer transfer took right about 2 months and I just sent in the form 4 and check a week ago. So only another 9-10 months to go on that. From purchase to in my hands will probably be over a year between pre-ordering it and all the approvals.

Arizona_Mike
August 8, 2013, 12:48 PM
ATF just told me this morning on the phone tht 9 months from pending is now standard. My Form 3 form 1s sent mid Feb went pending April 30th so I am not expecting them until end of January or February. I bought 2 suppressors around the same time and one shortly thereafter, the 3rd check just cashed last week for the last dealer Form 3 to be approved (Ironically the very first one I ordered Feb), so I am expecting pending status in about 8 weeks and the suppressor in July 2014 (16 or 17 months).

Mike

asharpshooter
August 20, 2013, 11:18 PM
Just picked up my two suppressors today! Now off to try them out.

Check Cashed: 01/08/13
Approved: 08/09/13
Received Stamp: 08/20/13
ATF Official: Sara B. Jones

Lennyjoe
August 21, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sent: May 15th 2013
Called 11 July (no status)
Called today.
Pending: 23 July 2013

ATF agent said it would take about 9 months. I wanted to cry.........;)

wally
August 23, 2013, 07:17 PM
Form 1. Checks cashed 1/9/13 Got them today 8/23/13

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend :)

Arizona_Mike
August 24, 2013, 12:14 AM
Sounds like you got in pre-Dorner! Amazing what a difference a few weeks make.

Mike

RANGERRON72
September 5, 2013, 10:43 PM
Submitted Form 4 on Jan 4 2013 and arrived at my dealer Aug 26 2013

LopezEL
September 6, 2013, 05:09 AM
I sent mine in January. Check was cashed Jan 29th. Went "second pending" June 27th and still no approval for me. Filed through an attorney drafted nfa trust. This is my first one, an element 2. Can't wait to get it back.

I actually sent off for another two suppressors last Friday. I hope to see them around my birthday next year in May. Wait times suck!

LawBot5000
September 8, 2013, 03:58 PM
Last one was almost exactly 6 months. Florida here. Submitted late October/early November, Received late April/early May.

hentown
September 24, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sent form 4 1/24; have no idea when money order was cashed. Still waiting. :eek:

martymcfly
September 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
my last form 4 was sent in early to mud Aug, check was cashed late last week. a good month+ to cash the check, ouch! Considering the last once earlier this ear was a couple weeks. So maybe I get the stamp next Sept. that'll make it a 16 month process for this one counting the order time and dealer transfer.

medalguy
October 1, 2013, 12:06 AM
Sent in Form 4 on February 22, went pending July 15. Texas.

mmissile
October 1, 2013, 10:09 AM
Haven't checked status, but I sent in my form in Jan.....no suppressor, yet.

griff383
October 1, 2013, 10:20 AM
I sent a form 1 late January, still waiting

Lennyjoe
October 23, 2013, 04:00 PM
Just got off the phone with Vicky. She said now its up to 15 months from receipt of paperwork. So, I sent mine in 23 May 13, went pending 23 July 13 and now it looks like August of 2014..............:(

Arizona_Mike
October 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
Sent 2/25, pending 4/30, 2nd pending 10/9, still waiting.

Mike

taliv
October 31, 2013, 07:45 PM
15 months??

Bubbles
November 1, 2013, 12:05 PM
Current wait is 15 months, based on the wave about to hit due to people with trusts filing their F1's and F4's before the new regs kick in it wouldn't surprise me to see 20-24 months by the end of this year.

Dirty Dawg
November 23, 2013, 09:08 AM
I went pending 4/19. Called in August and was told to expect a nine month wait. I'm wondering if that meant nine months from April or, even worse, if I've now gotten caught up in the 15 month wait crowd? This is the most ridiculous process I've ever encountered.

medalguy
November 27, 2013, 12:42 AM
Update: Form 4 for MG filed Feb 22, went pending July 15, I called on Nov 18 and was told it had been approved that morning. Haven't received the approved forms yet, as of Nov 26. As Little Orphan Annie said, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow".

Dirty Dawg
December 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
Received notification today that my stamp has arrived, right at nine and a half months. Merry Christmas to me.

Arizona_Mike
December 17, 2013, 05:42 PM
Christmas came early for me too. Unfortunately I am having surgery Friday and don't plan on doing much gun handling for a few days afterward.

Mike

Lennyjoe
December 18, 2013, 11:43 PM
Confused. Do they send the stamp to you or to the shop where the suppressor is stored?

Aaron Baker
December 19, 2013, 07:44 AM
Confused. Do they send the stamp to you or to the shop where the suppressor is stored?

It depends.

It sounds like you're asking about a suppressor you bought from a dealer. In that case, the stamp goes to the transferor, which is the store. That's true for any Form 4, whether it's between two private parties or between a dealer and a private party. It goes to the person doing the transferring.

In the case of a Form 1, which is the form you use if you're making an NFA firearm (such as building a new short-barreled rifle, or making your own suppressor in a machine shop), the stamp will be sent to you, the maker, directly. That's because there is no transferor. Just you.

Aaron

Lennyjoe
December 24, 2013, 02:12 PM
Just received the form 4 back to my house with a correction needed. Since its being transferred on a trust, I need to remove my actual name from the form 4. Will do that today and get it right back in the mail.

OARNGESI
December 25, 2013, 09:01 AM
hey lenny joe does that mean your stamp is almost approved? kind of hopeful my first stamp was sent the first of may

Arizona_Mike
December 26, 2013, 01:22 PM
Just got another E-Form 4 today (~95 days, have not counted exactly). Last E-form was 91 days.

A correction used to mean you were a week or two away. My last paper form that needed a correction took a little over 3 months more after the correction.

Mike

Lennyjoe
December 26, 2013, 02:45 PM
I hope so on the quick turn time. Sent it to the address on the correction form. Tick tock....

kimberkid
December 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
Just got another E-Form 4 today (~95 days, have not counted exactly). Last E-form was 91 days.

A correction used to mean you were a week or two away. My last paper form that needed a correction took a little over 3 months more after the correction.

Mike
Thats good for you ... but I'd like to know why people that are doing the eforms are getting bumped infront of people that have been waiting :cuss:

My last one that I just got earlier this month was 305 days door to door.

I've still got 2 others I'm waiting on, one mailed in mid Feburary and the other early April IIRC.

Lennyjoe
December 27, 2013, 10:35 AM
I think the next one I do (SBR) is going to go E-Form....

wally
December 29, 2013, 11:53 PM
... but I'd like to know why people that are doing the eforms are getting bumped infront of people that have been waiting

The Feds want/need a computer system success to make up for the Obamacare debacle would be my guess.

The E-Forms haven't been problem free except in comparison to healthcare.gov

Lennyjoe
February 2, 2014, 11:13 AM
Checked on it Friday since I sent the paperwork back with a correction on 23 December 2013 and it is "pending"

kimberkid
February 22, 2014, 07:51 PM
Well, the stamp for my Octane 45 HD arrived today ... dropped it in the mail on 3/20/13 that makes it 337 days door to door.

That leaves just one more, a titanium 308, that IIRC, was sent in a month to 6 weeks later ... I had ordered & paid for all 3 at the same time in mid January/2013 but my dealer only had the .22 in stock and had to order the 45 & 308

CoRoMo
February 26, 2014, 01:25 PM
June 11, 2013
Silencer Shop charged my credit card and submitted my F3 on 042913 and just this morning emailed me that they had received the F3 approval today. They might have gotten it yesterday and just emailed me today though. That's 43 or 44 days for a Form 3. They estimated 2 - 4 weeks but it was over six; not their fault though, NFA is a booming industry with a bottleneck office at the NFA that is choking these examinations into crazy lengths of time. If I can take the can home by Christmas, I'll be Jim Dandy.No Christmas for you!

June 13, 2013
Arrived at my LGS today. F4 sent to BATFE today.

July 9, 2013
Hmmmm.

F3 between Silencer Shop and my LGS took ~43 days; sent April 29, approved on June 11.

I was hoping by Christmas, but 9 months would mean mid-March. :banghead:indeed

This particular F4 update...

February 26, 2014
Error letter from preliminary application review dated 021214 and I received it yesterday in the mail. Mid-March would be sweet!

But unlikely.

Application reviewer that sent the error letter isn't even the examiner who will process the F4 once the app reviewer receives the correction.

CoRoMo
April 7, 2014, 06:09 PM
Just picked up my can today. The approval stamp on the F4 is dated March 29th.

344 days from purchase to home.

But I did have an error letter that probably cost me a couple additional weeks.

Arizona_Mike
April 8, 2014, 09:49 AM
Just picked up my Cyclone yesterday. Paper forms are getting faster.

Mike

wally
April 8, 2014, 12:23 PM
Just picked up my Cyclone yesterday. Paper forms are getting faster.

How many days?

My Octane HD check cleared 7/22/13. My dealer got a correction request (I got a copy) 3/27/14 (apparently an "O" in the serial number on the form was a "0" in the ATF database so they bounced it). This is ~8 months. Corrections seem to be running ~30 days instead of the week or so they used to :(

Arizona_Mike
April 8, 2014, 12:24 PM
How many days?

My Octane HD check cleared 7/22/13. My dealer got a correction request (I got a copy) 3/27/14 (apparently an "O" in the serial number on the form was a "0" in the ATF database so they bounced it). This is ~8 months. Corrections seem to be running ~30 days instead of the week or so they used to :(
7.5 months from check cashed to approved. Better than 11 months by any means!

Mike

Lennyjoe
April 14, 2014, 11:45 PM
Sent mine in May 2013 and it was finally approved 4 March 2014 and the FFL still hasn't received it. He did get one today that was approved 27 Feb...

jl1288
April 16, 2014, 10:35 AM
Morning Gents.
Just got off the phone with the ATF. My form 4 for a TS Cascade was submitted 9/17/2013 it went pending on 11/12/2013 the nice lady I spoke with told me not to expect my stamp for 10mos from November. My form 1 for an SBR, I E-filed on 12/17/2013, she told me it went pending that same day (12/17/2013) and also not to expect my stamp for 10mos. Big bummer I was expecting my E-file stamp within 90-120 days.

Elkins45
April 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
10 months for an efiled Form 1? When did that happen? I thought efiled forms were running 4-5 months?

jl1288
April 16, 2014, 05:58 PM
I'm at 4mos on the E-form, and all I can say is what the clerk on the phone told me. Hopefully she is mis-informed.

Lennyjoe
April 24, 2014, 08:00 PM
Sent 15 May 2013
Signed 4 March 2014
FFL received paperwork 24 April 2014.

Finally in my possession!

wally
April 25, 2014, 10:31 AM
Signed 4 March 2014
FFL received paperwork 24 April 2014.

Hows it take almost six weeks from approving it (signed) to getting it in the mail?

pjeski
April 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
My last two were approved 4-8 and 4-12, dealer received them both 4-21.

Lennyjoe
April 26, 2014, 09:57 PM
No idea but thats how it happened...:(

If you enjoyed reading about "How long is your recent form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!