I love Missouri Bullet Company, but...

PDA

0to60
June 7, 2013, 06:32 PM
...its annoying that they charge now and ship much MUCH later. I never noticed it before the panic because they shipped so fast. But I'm currently waiting to receive bullets that I paid for two months ago.

Given how long its taking for bullets, I'm actually ready to order more so that they can get working on them, but I won't pay for anything else from them until I receive what I already paid for. So, they're kinda missing out on business here.

If you enjoyed reading about "I love Missouri Bullet Company, but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longdayjake
June 7, 2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah, don't blame them. Blame the idiots who caused this mess.

Joespapa
June 7, 2013, 07:11 PM
Oh my gosh! We're THEY!

1KPerDay
June 7, 2013, 07:45 PM
I like it. by the time the bullets arrive, I've already absorbed the charge on my CC and forgotten about it. So it's like free bullets! WOOOOOT! :D

KansasSasquatch
June 7, 2013, 07:59 PM
Oh my gosh! We're THEY!
Nope. "They" are the idiot politicians that thought "gun control" would stop evil people from doing evil things. And "they" are the people who never thought about owning a gun before December. And "they" are the ones who bought everything on the gun shop shelves to turn around and flip it for a profit. "We" didn't cause this.

steve4102
June 7, 2013, 08:00 PM
I like it. by the time the bullets arrive, I've already absorbed the charge on my CC and forgotten about it. So it's like free bullets! WOOOOOT!

Me too. When I purchase I have money. If my purchased is charged later, I may not have money. I want to be charged at the time of purchase not the time of shipping.

Arkansas Paul
June 7, 2013, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind they are not a large scale operation like many manufacturing companies. They are a small private business that does a damn fine job and puts out an amazing product.
They got swamped with orders just like everyone else, only they don't have unlimited resources so it takes a little while. Bear with them. Its worth it. People like Brad are who we want to support.

clutch
June 7, 2013, 08:08 PM
Charging before being able to ship is shoddy practice. If we are talking a few days, I'll cut a small time vendor some slack but after that it starts to look like fraud.

KansasSasquatch
June 7, 2013, 08:14 PM
You can say it looks like fraud but when they have a proven track record of always delivering its kind of hard for anyone to believe that. Their website tells you they're backed up. If you purchase from them and a week later decide you don't want to wait, they'll refund your money. They also have a habit if "making things right." Meaning, if part of you order is somehow screwed up (seems like a rare occurence with them) they tend to go beyond just replacing what has defects, or what's short, or what's damaged. You're free to take your business where you like. I like MBC and plan to do much more business with them for the stuff I don't/can't cast myself.

lonewolf5347
June 7, 2013, 08:20 PM
Yep: same thing happen to my pay pal account they did collected the funds but yet to see my order?
I don't mind the Wait but it not good practice to collect payment I ran into this problem with USA AMMO and never received the ammo yet they did get paid.
I been doing business with Brad when he first got started but I will tell you I am not going to Wait 2 months for my order to be shipped.
The home page said yes they are moving into a new building June 1 : 5 to 6 weeks max to fill the orders I have no problem with that but 2 months I would appreciate getting back to me with a statement or a update so I can consider to cancel the order or just Wait it out
I think it bad business to collect funds until the order is shipped
I did place my order the first week in May will see how things turn out in the coming weeks

Katitmail
June 7, 2013, 08:23 PM
I did place my order the first week in May will see how things turn out in the coming weeks
I placed oreder May 1st. According to 5-6 week estimate I should have it next week. Yes, money paid on May 1st..

lonewolf5347
June 7, 2013, 08:34 PM
Katitmail; Looks like we are in the same boat:D
Would be nice for a update when you receive your order or vi-sa versa

Katitmail
June 7, 2013, 08:36 PM
I will post. I ordered rather rare caliber (9mm MAK) so I was sure it won't be "fast" but will see.

03fatboy
June 7, 2013, 09:25 PM
Placed order on April 10th and still waiting, it would be nice to know they didn't forget about me

Katitmail
June 7, 2013, 09:26 PM
I would be calling. Thats not 5-6 weeks?!

03fatboy
June 7, 2013, 09:36 PM
Sent a E-mail i guess I'll see what that gets me

lonewolf5347
June 7, 2013, 09:48 PM
I did send a e mail to Missouri and did not get a response I called and spoke with
Joe_ann about 2 weeks into the order that I would would be away so Please don't ship until after the memorial weekend.
I shoot IDPA Missouri bullet are number 1 on my list but, but I will not Wait 2 months
BRAD: I hope if you have time plese update your cutomers

Jesse Heywood
June 7, 2013, 10:00 PM
On my first order with Brad I had a complete misunderstanding on shipping cost. Brad refunded the credit card. And then he wouldn't take the money for what he shipped. And it was all my fault. He has my business.

lonewolf5347
June 7, 2013, 10:07 PM
Brad : he is a great guy to deal with I been buying bullet from him since he first started.

ArchAngelCD
June 8, 2013, 12:21 AM
Please tell me where you are going to get bullets without waiting in this environment?

ColtPythonElite
June 8, 2013, 12:29 AM
I don't care if they charge now or later. Their service is good, prices fair, and products great....Sure, I had a delayed order this year. After about a month, I inquired via email. I got a response in less than a day, and my order a few days later...No big deal.

03fatboy
June 8, 2013, 12:42 AM
When i ordered from them it was supposed to be 3-4 week out then it has been changed to 5-6 weeks not almost 8 weeks all I'm sayings is let me know by some form of communication on what's going on after almost 1 month late

Rule3
June 8, 2013, 01:05 AM
The only place I order lead bullets from is from MBC. I do not care about the wait now either. Guess we were spoiled when they arrived 2 days later.

However, I do not think any company should charge BEFORE the order ships, but having such good service and product from them, I guess I do not really worry about that either. I am usually very picky about that.
Pay now, pay later you still pay.;)

788Ham
June 8, 2013, 01:23 AM
If Brad is this busy, he probably didn't remember that li' guy in Nebraska waiting so long, e-mail the guy, give him a chance! Or, buy them someplace else.

KansasSasquatch
June 8, 2013, 01:27 AM
I guess there's something wrong with me because it drives me bonkers waiting on some places to charge me. If they wait to charge me there's a possibility I could forget between now and then that I haven't been charged yet. If they charge it up front there's nothing to forget since I sure as heck won't forget I ordered something. The first time I made an order with Powder Valley I was getting nervous that my order didn't go through since the product had sold out shortly afterwards.

Katitmail
June 8, 2013, 01:31 AM
No kidding. I ordered set of 9mm deluxe dies from some place (I don't even remember!!!!) for $40 shipped. It was a good deal month ago but guess what - they don't have it in stock.

1. I wasn't charged
2. I didn't get email confirmation about order

I thought ok, whatever. Week ago I get phone call from a company (still don't remember :) ) and they asked to make sure I still want the dies. I said yes, she said 2 more weeks. Still no charge, no dies. Well, I will take them if they will ship them eventually but it's funny... I need to dig by reply to "who has components available" to find what company that was..

ASCTLC
June 8, 2013, 09:42 AM
I don't like the practice of collecting the money before shipping because my credit card only gives me so long before I have to lodge my dispute. This is especially important the longer the order shipment is delayed. Even honest people foget sometimes and time only further clouds a recollection.

However, we're very fortunate to have a number of suppliers here that have built their reputation on making things right for us. MBC - well established. Rim Rock - as I learned recently, is a well established/earned reputation. Precision Delta has done me very well (I love those guys & gals). RMR (longdayjake) has done me very good (only used once in the past that I recall).

So while I agree I don't like the practice either, rest assured you need only keep your email about your order, confident that one day your goods will arrive. Refocus concern another direction because there's no shortage of crap suppliers out there, just not right here.

Andy

FROGO207
June 8, 2013, 10:03 AM
Well you should have something available that you at least scratch down on FROM VENDOR/ITEM when you order and the date/cost. Then remove from said list when item arrives. If you order and just forgetdaboutit that is YOUR problem.:D OH and with MB this was supposed to be Brad and Jo Anne's retirement job! They are the best in the business IMHO and the wait will be worth it. Rest assured they are NOT doing this on purpose to upset anyone.:)

03fatboy
June 8, 2013, 10:11 AM
AlI dont mind waiting for them but if they say 3-4 weeks and it's not they need to be more alittle more accurate on the the shipping time's

Constrictor
June 8, 2013, 10:24 AM
I love the way they do business. Perfect.

sellersm
June 8, 2013, 11:35 AM
They're good people. If you have a beef with them, call them & talk to them. Don't blast them in a public forum.

I too waited forever for my order. Finally CALLED THEM & it turned out that the Postal service lost my order!!! So Brad made it right after the phone call and some quick investigating.

As mentioned already, everyone is swamped and they're a very small shop.

Sent from my fat fingers using Tapatalk

john wall
June 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
Cancel your order, maybe mine will come quicker.

They suggest ordering small lots of different bullets. Works for me, ordered 7K, 1K at a time, got 5K in so far.

Like was already asked, where else are you going to get good bullets NOW?

rduckwor
June 8, 2013, 10:31 PM
I have to echo the positive comments above. They are good guys and have ALWAYS come through for me.

RMD

ShelbyV8
June 9, 2013, 12:47 AM
At one time it was mail fraud to process a credit card charge before the order shipped. I don't know if the law has changed and it is too much trouble to look it up.

KansasSasquatch
June 9, 2013, 01:24 AM
At one time it was mail fraud to process a credit card charge before the order shipped. I don't know if the law has changed and it is too much trouble to look it up.
That could very well be the case. But now these days you can instantly file a dispute with a card company and possibly have the charge dropped. With that being a possibility someone could easily try to defraud a vendor. Then the vendor has to prove that they actually sent it. It's easy enough to prove if they use tracking numbers but it would still force them to go through the trouble of disputing your claim which equals loss of revenue for the vendors since they have to use manpower resources to dispute it. Since big companies have the money to push new legislation I'm sure they've done something to have the law changed. It's simple enough.....if you think it's taking too long, no matter how long it's taking, call the company up and have your order cancelled. 99% of companies will refund your money and/or look up your order to see if it has shipped. Like someone said up above, the postal service and shipping companies lose things from time to time. I worked at UPS for 3 years, I know how and how often things like that happen.

mgmorden
June 9, 2013, 05:22 AM
I can see it both ways. On one hand its a bit frustrating paying and then having to wait (and not an insignificant amount of time). On the other hand though, I would hate going that long and then having a charge appear out of nowhere on my debit card.

Precision Delta handled this really well IMHO. I placed an order for 2000 bullets back in JANUARY. Didn't hear a thing until early May, but they called, reminded me of the pre-order, asked if I was still interested, and then asked if I wanted the charge on the card I originally had entered or if I wanted to use a different one.

Overall though, I've ordered from Missouri Bullet Company both before and during this shortage, and likely will again. The minor inconvenience of the pre-charge doesn't negate their excellent service and product.

valleyforge.1777
June 9, 2013, 08:42 AM
Precision Delta and Montana Gold, both small companies, do NOT charge your credit card until they are ready to ship your order. Likewise for Midsouth Shooters, Bravo Company, Natchez, etc. Reputable companies do not charge your card for product that they are not shipping out to fulfill your order. Companies that do charge right away are violating FTC rules and Fair Credit billing laws. If you don't mind being charged that is fine, but the companies doing that ARE violating the law and it is a bad business practice. And, plenty of good companies do not do business that way.

blarby
June 9, 2013, 12:20 PM
I think that anyone asking about shipping times and charge times from a reputable vendor these days should get a surcharge.

Brad and JoAnnn and all of their crew are one of the best outfits in the biz- you'll get your goods, just keep your panties flappin.

With e-commerce, unless you are buying on a very strange system, your card is normally charged when the order is placed. This completion of the transaction sends it on down the line for order processing.

I dont think they are going to change their whole system because of the latest idiocy... and they have a pretty noticeable tag regarding shipping and lead time on their website.

Toodles !

dickttx
June 9, 2013, 12:35 PM
Really simple. We have a lot of choices. If you don't like the way someone is doing business, go somewhere else.
If someone's system is set up to charge when the order is entered it is no simple matter to change it. Particuliarly right now.
As can be seen from reading the posts, opinions run all the way from fraud to no problem. It would be impossible to please all. See first paragraph above.

Katitmail
June 9, 2013, 12:41 PM
With e-commerce, unless you are buying on a very strange system, your card is normally charged when the order is placed. This completion of the transaction sends it on down the line for order processing.

I've been workin in IT for large e-commerce outfit which followed all the regulations and rules.

Credit card providers have specific term "authorization". This is just "auth" placed on CC when order placed to make sure funds available. When order shipped - CC get's charged. So, yes, CC "touched" when order placed but this is not a charge.

Depending on a bank and payment gateway those "authorizations" expire. Sometimes it's 20 days, sometimes it is 1 month. We had situation in UK when people went for vacations for 20 days and orders wasn't fullfilled. Authorizations dropped and if CC's not stored in a system - there is no way to charge that card again.

In case of MBC they do what works, they work with PayPal and I don't know what PayPal can offer. For small business in weird situation like we have waiting 2 month to make order and realize person doesn't want it is kind of bad..

I totally understand and ready to pay upfront, even that I understand how it should be :)

Ole Humpback
June 9, 2013, 01:14 PM
And "they" are the people who never thought about owning a gun before December.

What about those of "us" (such as myself) that knew quite well before December that we were going to buy and own several guns and took the events that followed as a sign that it might be prudent to buy now instead of putting it off till later as I have done with my recent purchase.

Does that mean I fall into the group of "they"?

the count
June 9, 2013, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't this all be a reason to buy a melting pot and some other supplies and just cast your own?

ericuda
June 9, 2013, 01:53 PM
MBC has treated me well and I have trusted and relied upon them since I started reloading. Remember when they were so busy that they thought about stopping taking internet orders. Also remember they didn't stop. Yes shipping takes a little longer but I have always received my orders.

I would vote for this debate on cc purchases to be closed and allow MBC to keep up the good work.

stavman11
June 9, 2013, 01:54 PM
Not sure how many of YOU have an online E-Comm store... i do

Most systems are automated.... you order... It verifies you are you... you are Charged.... end of the day it automatically Process yer card... and the next day Starts.

not like a person is sitting in front of a computer just waiting for an order to be placed....

Now if someone orders an item from me that was not in stock.. i contact them to be sure they relized what they did.... at that point I can cancel or void the Transaction, or credit a Partial amount back..

So it is the Norm.. Not the exception to charge and process the card immediately.... if Not.. say 2 months from now... the BO is ready to ship... and the card is declined... then what....

Some small businesses do Process manualy, and good for Them, but in this Current Time with all the Businesses a lot busier than normal... im sure their 1st concern is to Process orders and not Over Sell items...

My advice, contact the Retailer, get an estimated shipping date, if ya dont like it, cancel your order and move on...

Lots of Sites, on the MAIN page, are noting EXCESSIVE shipping delays....

anyways my $.02

stavman11
June 9, 2013, 01:55 PM
MBC has treated me well and I have trusted and relied upon them since I started reloading. Remember when they were so busy that they thought about stopping taking internet orders. Also remember they didn't stop. Yes shipping takes a little longer but I have always received my orders.

I would vote for this debate on cc purchases to be closed and allow MBC to keep up the good work.
Ditto

Well said ericuda

sellersm
June 9, 2013, 04:43 PM
Time to lock this thread... Mods?

Insinuating that MBC isn't a "reputable" company has no place here. And this discussion of credit card charges, etc. may not pertain to PayPal payments.

Time to move on...

Feanaro
June 9, 2013, 05:10 PM
So it is the Norm.. Not the exception to charge and process the card immediately

Is it? That may be the way your system works but it's not how my back-orders have been processed. Midway, Natchez and other similar companies have never charged me until the order was ready to ship. If the order is ready and my credit card info is invalid, the order is cancelled. (At least, that's what the big warnings tell me. Never had it happen to me)

It's probably harder for a small company to use an out-of-the-box e-commerce package to "authorize" a payment and then charge when it ships but it has not been the norm when I have ordered out-of-stock items.

That being said, the proper way for the OP to take this up would be with the merchant. Before you voice your problems in a public forum, why not talk to the owner first? If you want to affect their policies, a phone call will likely be more effectively than a complaint on here.

stavman11
June 9, 2013, 05:53 PM
Is it? That may be the way your system works but it's not how my back-orders have been processed. Midway, Natchez and other similar companies have never charged me until the order was ready to ship. If the order is ready and my credit card info is invalid, the order is cancelled. (At least, that's what the big warnings tell me. Never had it happen to me)

It's probably harder for a small company to use an out-of-the-box e-commerce package to "authorize" a payment and then charge when it ships but it has not been the norm when I have ordered out-of-stock items.

That being said, the proper way for the OP to take this up would be with the merchant. Before you voice your problems in a public forum, why not talk to the owner first? If you want to affect their policies, a phone call will likely be more effectively than a complaint on here.
Your confusing ordering as a STATED BO versus ordering Something that isnt in Stock

Different systems Different Outcome..

And just because you have had specific situations... dosent mean thats the Normal way things are done....

Please Close this thread.... it is going down directions that are not positive or Constructive

GaryL
June 9, 2013, 08:05 PM
I feel like MB is being up front about their situation. Companies are all about the people who run them - I love dealing with companies that stand by their reputation. There's enough who don't.

I ordered from MB a couple months back and the order came as specified. I'll gladly order from them again - a month or so ahead of the end of my supply.

I'll add my vote to close the thread.

Sam1911
June 9, 2013, 08:16 PM
Just put in an order for a 3,000-pack of 9mm 147s.

I'm going to wait for them, and they can have the money now.

If you've read their statement on their capital expenditures right now (read -- growing massively to meet demand!) they need it! :)

Very best of luck with the expansion to some of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with!

ConcernedCitizen
June 10, 2013, 01:30 AM
Add me to the list of people that like to pay up front.

It's much easier to order the bullets, pay in advance, and then just wait for them to arrive. Of course, the waiting part is easier said than done...

Tim the student
June 10, 2013, 03:14 AM
I think very highly of MBC. Brad and Joanne (I think) run a class act.

And I remember when their shipping was so fast that it was creepy. It was like they would ship them before I ordered them, they got here so fast. Like mindreaders or something.

I need to order from them soon. :)

ETA: I wish I could have the option of paying immediately. I'd rather do that almost all of the time.

clutch
June 10, 2013, 06:50 PM
I don't want to beat on MBC, just about all my cast bullets are made by them. Some I've purchased direct, others via Grafs when the numbers made sense.

If they feel the need to lock up the sale and charge in advance of shipping put that as a notice during check out. I suspect they are making commitments to purchasing large amounts of bullet metal and are trying to protect their business.

The common expectation is the card gets charged on shipment unless previously agreed.

ghfljf
June 11, 2013, 12:53 AM
I have an order in with MBC now. They have always sent their products in a timely fashion. This ammo insanity has everything messed up.

hgte2001
June 11, 2013, 01:29 AM
Falcon Bullets got me bullets in 5 or 6 days.

Give them a try!

0to60
June 11, 2013, 09:35 AM
Falcon Bullets got me bullets in 5 or 6 days.

Give them a try!

Done.

Katitmail
June 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
Katitmail; Looks like we are in the same boat:D
Would be nice for a update when you receive your order or vi-sa versa
I got confirmation that order processed after 6 weeks and 1 day :)
Received package 2 days later.

dg803
June 17, 2013, 03:25 PM
9 1/2 weeks on my order. I contacted them after 8 weeks and they said it would be shipping soon. Long time to wait, but definately worth it. Already loaded all but 50 or so. Shot all but the 50 or so. I will be ordering from them again even though the wait was way too long.

Hondo 60
June 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
I've ordered from them over a dozen times.
Only once was there an issue.
It was during winter & about 10 or so, bullets the lube broke off (partially)

I sent word of this to MBC & they sent me 100 new bullets.

I wish every business operated under MBC's business model.

silicosys4
June 17, 2013, 09:48 PM
Would love to do business with them, since they are listing .44 magnum brass as available and I need some,
but its expensive and has a 6 week quoted shipping time.
I think back on where I was 6 weeks ago and have no interest on a guaranteed wait time for overpriced brass. Pretty sure I'll find it cheaper, sooner.

sota
June 17, 2013, 09:56 PM
given the situation as it stands now the answer seems simple...
order a quantity every couple weeks. that way when it starts shipping it'll come in in steady periodic orders.

KansasSasquatch
June 17, 2013, 10:20 PM
Would love to do business with them, since they are listing .44 magnum brass as available and I need some,
but its expensive and has a 6 week quoted shipping time.
I think back on where I was 6 weeks ago and have no interest on a guaranteed wait time for overpriced brass. Pretty sure I'll find it cheaper, sooner.
You might have a heck of a time trying to find Starline .44 brass anytime sooner. Starline isn't even accepting backorders for it right now.

If you enjoyed reading about "I love Missouri Bullet Company, but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!