GeorgiaCarry.org sues City of Carrollton, GA over ordinances

PDA

JCampGCO
June 8, 2013, 11:09 AM
So Mayor Garner feels that us lowly citizens can't be trusted to take care of ourselves and must be lorded over.

Garner said it’s not a Second Amendment issue, but rather a common sense one.
“I’ve been a member of the NRA for years, but I think we’ve lost our good sense when it comes to guns,” he said. “I’m a supporter of the Second Amendment. I own guns and I hunt, but I think someone needs to exercise some common sense. If somebody is afraid to ride a bicycle without guns, I suggest they stay home.”
GeorgiaCarry.org files lawsuit against City of Carrollton - Times-Georgian (http://www.times-georgian.com/news/article_664214ac-cfce-11e2-93a9-001a4bcf6878.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "GeorgiaCarry.org sues City of Carrollton, GA over ordinances" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jamie B
June 8, 2013, 11:25 AM
Typical sleazeball politician.

My brother lives in GA, and I am not visiting until reciprocity exists with my OH permit.

25cschaefer
June 8, 2013, 12:03 PM
I wonder if they have bicycle cops that stay home.

Old Fuff
June 8, 2013, 12:13 PM
Common sense is a matter of opinion, this apparently isn't:

The suit seeks to have the two ordinances declared void on the grounds that they are “pre-empted by state law and the Georgia Constitution” and are ultra vires (“beyond the power”) of the city.

osteodoc08
June 8, 2013, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately common sense is not common, especially for politicians.

I have biked on Georgia's 60 some odd mile paved trail called the Silver Comet trail. There IS good reason to carry while bike riding.....

Deep Fried
June 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
Seems like I hear stories every month about suspicious people in state parks, threatening women and such. What better reason to carry is there?

armoredman
June 8, 2013, 03:33 PM
So when the court does decide that both laws are pre-empted by state law, will the city be fined/punished for violation of civil rights under color of law?

Deltaboy
June 8, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hope when this gets overturned the Court orders the Mayor to pay the Court cost out of his personal pocket . What a piece of work .

If you enjoyed reading about "GeorgiaCarry.org sues City of Carrollton, GA over ordinances" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!