Sr 45??

PDA

Pat C.
June 9, 2013, 09:22 PM
Just wondering who's shooting a new SR45 and who's still waiting?? And has anyone held the BSR45?? :cuss:Pat C.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sr 45??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarDevil
June 9, 2013, 09:26 PM
Didn't you ask this question already?

JTQ
June 9, 2013, 09:35 PM
Didn't you ask this question already?

It sounds familiar to me, too.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=718681

Potatohead
June 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ouch. ive noticed since ive been here people cant get much past you folks

Pat C.
June 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
Ya I could have The CRSRB is setting in!! And becoming a tad upset, can't get a straight answer From Ruger.

ku4hx
June 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
Does the "B" in BSR45 mean black?

JTQ
June 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
Does the "B" in BSR45 mean black?
Or possibly, "backordered".;)

Potatohead
June 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
i'd go with backordered these days

Pat C.
June 10, 2013, 08:21 PM
Does the "B" in BSR45 mean black? Yes. Or not made yet, and we won't flippin tell you that.

Racinbob
June 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm seeing some out there more. I just picked one up for $389. Two in the display case and who knows how many in the back room.
"b" = backordered? That's funny. They didn't have a black one in the case and I didn't ask about one. I should have.

ku4hx
June 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
Does the "B" in BSR45 mean black? Yes. Or not made yet, and we won't flippin tell you that.
Oh OK, I was thinking either "Black" or "Blarney".

Pat C.
June 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
Found a little box on rugers web sit called tell the CEO or somthing like that. So I sent him an Email. Low and behold I got an emal the next day from ruger. There trying to get ahold of A BSR45 and send it to my dealer. Hope it pans out. Pat C,:uhoh:

Racinbob
June 15, 2013, 07:18 AM
That, Pat, is Ruger's MO. They set the standard that all businesses should follow.

Pat C.
June 29, 2013, 12:35 AM
It worked my BSR45 came in today!!Can't wait to hit the range!!

bannockburn
June 29, 2013, 06:53 AM
Pat C.

Wow that's service for you! I wrote to Rugers CEO about them bringing back the Security Six series but never heard anything back from them. Since you have some extra pull with the boss maybe you could pass along my wishlist!

Walkalong
June 29, 2013, 08:51 AM
Congrats. waiting on the range report. I have handled to 9MM and .40, and they feel good in the hand.

M2 Carbine
June 29, 2013, 09:28 AM
I'm a Ruger fan, having 3 or 4 each, LCP, LC9, SR9C, SR40C, SR1911, and many other Rugers.

I bought the SR45 a couple weeks ago. Can't say I like it. Nothing special wrong, except multiple light primer strikes. I shot it a good bit (home range) but I just don't like it.
I probably should have waited until the SR45C came out.

Mat, not doormat
June 30, 2013, 12:35 AM
I played with one at the big box this morning, while picking up something else. Didn't (obviously) get to shoot it, though.

It seemed there'd been some miscegenation in the pistol case; the G21 and 1911 seem to have been sneaking off to make some time together, and the SR45 is the offspring.

It's got a Glock-esque trigger and poly frame, but Browning inspired 18 degree grip angle and a thumb safety. It's heavier than the G21, but doesn't hold as many rounds. It feels as slim as the 1911, with more capacity, but has an awful trigger, rather than the best in the business, like its JMB derived parent.

Seems like it would be a good point between the two extremes in full size .45s, if it weren't for the execrable trigger.

Fishbed77
June 30, 2013, 02:09 AM
Seems like it would be a good point between the two extremes in full size .45s, if it weren't for the execrable trigger.

That's odd. The SR9C and later model SR9s have rather decent triggers. Certainly better than Glock triggers.

Racinbob
June 30, 2013, 08:58 AM
This was odd to me. I bought a SR45 and was extremely impressed with the trigger. My early SR9 (330 prefix) wasn't even close. I bought a new SR9 for the trigger and, after the same treatment as the 45, clean the factory gunk out, lube well and remove mag disconnect the SR9 was miles ahead of the older version but quite a bit behind the 45. I'm finally getting to the range today to put both of them through their paces for the first time.

TarDevil
June 30, 2013, 06:18 PM

First and only time I've Heard anyone complain about that trigger.

I'll wait and judge for myself.

thefamcnaj
June 30, 2013, 06:49 PM
I can't think of a polymer striker fired gun with a better trigger than the sr9 or sr 40. I haven't handled the .45 yet. I prefer my glocks to my Sr series pistols even though I think the sr series has a better trigger.
My xdm has a nice crisp trigger, but the sr triggers just feel good. I don't know the lbs. of the sr triggers but they are light and crisp to me.
When Ruger releases the sr45c I'll be all over it. I'm assuming the ergos on the sr45 are as nice as its little brothers.
So I'm thinking the 45c will be a definite must have.

Mat, not doormat
June 30, 2013, 07:16 PM
First and only time I've Heard anyone complain about that trigger.

I'll wait and judge for myself.

Well, a stock Glock is about 5.5 pounds, but the 21 I had, and the 17 my dad shoots are both about 3.5. Most of my 1911s are between 2.5-3. My SA revolvers are all right around 2, as are most of my rifles.

So yeah, it might just be that I'm spoiled, but I did think 8.5 to be excessive even for a striker fired gun.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Fishbed77
July 1, 2013, 09:57 AM
I can't think of a polymer striker fired gun with a better trigger than the sr9 or sr 40.

The Walther P99AS and PPQ both have vastly better triggers than the Ruger SR9.

Not that the Ruger's is bad - but there definitely are better striker-fired triggers out there.

TarDevil
July 1, 2013, 12:50 PM
Well, a stock Glock is about 5.5 pounds, but the 21 I had, and the 17 my dad shoots are both about 3.5. Most of my 1911s are between 2.5-3. My SA revolvers are all right around 2, as are most of my rifles.

So yeah, it might just be that I'm spoiled, but I did think 8.5 to be excessive even for a striker fired gun.

Are these measured trigger weights, or estimates? All the gun reports I've seen so far on the SR45 are between 4.5 and 6.5. Even at 8 lbs, heavy trigger pull doesn't always equate to "execrable."

2 - 3 lb triggers are not what I'd want in a self defense gun (1911's excepted), especially one without a safety.

Pat C.
July 1, 2013, 01:53 PM
Not sure what my trigger weight is but it's up there!! Cleaned it and relubed it with Froglub. Didn't help. Is there something a guy can do to lighten it up, or does it have to go threw break in??:confused:

allaroundhunter
July 1, 2013, 02:02 PM
Not sure what my trigger weight is but it's up there!! Cleaned it and relubed it with Froglub. Didn't help. Is there something a guy can do to lighten it up, or does it have to go threw break in??:confused:

A break-in won't lighten the trigger pull much, if at all.

Mat, not doormat
July 1, 2013, 03:30 PM
Are these measured trigger weights, or estimates? All the gun reports I've seen so far on the SR45 are between 4.5 and 6.5. Even at 8 lbs, heavy trigger pull doesn't always equate to "execrable."

2 - 3 lb triggers are not what I'd want in a self defense gun (1911's excepted), especially one without a safety.

Some measured, some educated guesses based on comparisons to guns with known pulls. I never measured a stock Glock, but that's what the spec sheets always say. I didn't measure my old G21 either, but it felt exactly the same as Dad's G17, which measured 3.5 after the Bob Vogel drop in unit. My SA revolvers (the three pairs I currently have, plus three more pairs that I've sold) were all set up by the smiths who did the action work as 2 lbs, (except one pair of SBHs, which still have the transfer bars, and go 2.5) and four of them the smith put on the scale when I picked them up, because he's particular that way. My Remington 700 is a measured 2.2, as is my new Savage Mark II, as it's adjusted to match the Remington. The 1911s are a similar story to the SAs.

All that said, the SR45 was measured as well. Since I'd already borrowed the shop's scale to set up the Savage, it was no big deal to measure the Ruger as well, while I was playing with it. Over five pulls, it averaged 8.44 lbs, with a low of 8.25 and a high of 8.57.

Now, all that said, one of the reasons I like manual safeties is that they allow you to have a fairly nice trigger. But that's just the thing with the Ruger, it *does* have a safety.

Now, it being a carry oriented gun, I wasn't expecting a lightweight competition trigger. But, since it has a safety, and the trigger doesn't have to do double duty by making the gun hard to set off, I was hoping for something decent, on the order of 4-5 lbs. Double that, however, and I stand by my adjective. Execrable.

TarDevil
July 1, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Mat. I'm thinking the gun you handled was a bit of an anomaly...at least I hope so.

The SR45 is on my short list (as in, probably the next gun purchase... the flats boat does need a motor!).

Mat, not doormat
July 1, 2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks, Mat. I'm thinking the gun you handled was a bit of an anomaly...at least I hope so.

The SR45 is on my short list (as in, probably the next gun purchase... the flats boat does need a motor!).

Not a problem. I did just do a search, though, and it appears that http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgallowayprecision.com%2Fruger-performance%2Fsr45-performance%2F&ei=LQ_SUZz2J4L28wSqxYCYBQ&usg=AFQjCNEck2kV8SDujLZCXC7xxps3VbDKFA does offer some go fast goodies for the SR45. A good trigger is about all that gun needs, IMHO.

Oh, one other impression that just came back to me. The SR45 is heavier than the G21, and it seems to carry its extra weight in the poly frame. It felt fairly well balanced even when empty, which a G21 does not. Not sure how noticeable that would be when loaded, as a mag full of .45s add quite a lot of weight to whatever it's loaded in.

Racinbob
July 2, 2013, 06:16 AM
Both SR's performed perfectly at the range yesterday but I wasn't surprised. Several other tried out the .45 and agreed that the trigger was incredible for that type of action. Mat measuring one at over 8# tells me that something was up with that pistol. They are well below that out of the box. Just as importantly, both the 9 and the 45 were incredibly smooth. The 45 a bit better than the 9. The only issue during this visit was with my wifes SR22. The left white dot said goodbye on the rear sight blade. Time to call Ruger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sr 45??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!