Sig 556.

PDA

Robbins290
June 10, 2013, 02:16 PM
I finally picked up my sig 556. Been debating on which i wanted for months. I chose the classic. Non swat. I emailed every deal withen 100 miles in maine. Only one responded. And he couldnt get any in. So i decided to go to the pro shop. Very good customer service! Trying to find ammo now

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 556." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robbins290
June 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
Came with rails

dvdcrr
June 10, 2013, 09:59 PM
Looks good.

stubbicatt
June 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
I hope you enjoy it fully.

The foregrips on mine would slide back and forth, which was really annoying. I used the old "zip tie" fix and it held.

Walkalong
June 11, 2013, 10:06 AM
I shot a buddies 556 Classic and loved it so much I bought one. Great guns.

Shipwreck
June 11, 2013, 10:40 AM
You got the Australian version. You should bring it back and get one that isn't upside down :)

kimberkid
June 12, 2013, 08:41 AM
You got the Australian version. You should bring it back and get one that isn't upside down :)
^^^^^^^^^^
LOL ... Love it!

I picked up my first SiG-556 in 2007 and now own 3 in 223, 1 SBR'd ... also a 556R, a 522 and 522P which is also SBR'd ... great guns!
If you own an AR, hopefully you own more than one so it doesn't get lonely :rolleyes: I rarely shoot my AR anymore.

HexHead
June 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
I'd gotten a 556 when they first came out. Sometimes it felt like I was shooting a Slinky.

kwguy
June 12, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sometimes it felt like I was shooting a Slinky.

Ok, I'll bite... I don't get it. I feel silly for asking, but I'm realllly curious now about that...

kimberkid
June 12, 2013, 06:50 PM
I'd gotten a 556 when they first came out. Sometimes it felt like I was shooting a Slinky.Ok, I'll bite... I don't get it. I feel silly for asking, but I'm realllly curious now about that...
Maybe he's talking about the recoil impulse being a push straight back instead of flipping the barrel up like an AR does?

HexHead
June 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
There seemed to be a lot of flex in the rifle, especially where the stock and receiver met. That rifle showed me I don't like adjustable stocks. Once I got an SKS and Garand, it was gone.

silicosys4
June 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
Love mine, its a great gun. Like the guy above me, the stock has enough play to make me want to upgrade it, but it wasn't a dealbreaker for me.
I had a problem with it failing to feed, but it was magazine related and pmags cleared that issue right up. Its been great ever since.

Walkalong
June 12, 2013, 07:45 PM
My stock locks up tight.

kimberkid
June 12, 2013, 11:53 PM
There seemed to be a lot of flex in the rifle, especially where the stock and receiver met.
Ok, got your drift ... My first 2 had the AR buffer tube that screwed into the receiver ... one I used an ACE folder unit on with a MagPul CTR so it never had any slop like those factory adjustable folders. The 2nd one and the SBR I bought newer style folding lowers and put factory non-adjustable stocks on them ... after selling the original lowers and stocks I almost broke even and I ended up with the configuration I wanted in the first place.

gunnutery
June 13, 2013, 12:18 AM
Love the stock.

Robbins290
June 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
Just shot it, didnt feel any flex in the stock. But boy! Do i love that rifle. Shoots very, very good

wally
June 16, 2013, 06:44 PM
The foregrips on mine would slide back and forth, which was really annoying. I used the old "zip tie" fix and it held.

Mine did too, I put a dab of epoxy putty up front and reassembled after coating the handguards with a bit of oil as a release agent. Nice and tight now.

Robbins290
June 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
Man, that thing dents up brass bad.

SpentCasing
June 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
Man, that thing dents up brass bad.

You actually found your brass? My buddy has one of these and it launches it somewhere into the next county. Makes my old AK look like a Glock.

Walkalong
June 21, 2013, 06:48 PM
They have a two position gas block. You may be on the stronger setting. Yes, it does crease the brass a bit, but you can round off and put some liquid rubber on the offending spot and it will decrease the severity of it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 556." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!