source for Ubertis?

PDA

rondog
June 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
It's not like I frequent lots of gun shops, but I can't recall EVER seeing any new Uberti guns in any shop here in Denver. Is there a good on-line dealer that normally has a good selection in stock? If anyone knows of a place in the Denver area that keeps them stocked, please let me know.

I know their quality is good, I have a Walker and a Cattleman, both used. I'd just like to see more in person, might need something else ya know.

If you enjoyed reading about "source for Ubertis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CraigC
June 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
Dixie Gun Works is usually well stocked. Be glad you don't live two hours away like I do. ;)

Pancho
June 10, 2013, 10:31 PM
I've done business with Taylor's with excellent results.

tscmmhk
June 10, 2013, 10:50 PM
+1 with Pancho......I have done some business with Taylors and have been very satisfied with their service.

swathdiver
June 11, 2013, 05:30 AM
Best prices at Texas Jacks.

Willie Sutton
June 11, 2013, 09:54 AM
S&S in New York has always been reliable and has offered the best prices. Their walk-in store needs to be visited to be believed... how many original Civil War gun parts and surplus items do you want? In the middle of the Bronx, no less. Walking in, buying a revolver, and then walking out onto the busy city street with it in a brown bag to take the subway home is a trip.

C&B shooting is an eclectic hobby: There is not nearly enough interest in any one location to make having a really good selection of revolvers practical for very many local gun stores. Mail Order is more or less the rule of the day.

Willie

Crawdad1
June 11, 2013, 10:16 AM
I bought one 1851 from Taylor's & Company a few years ago and the action and trigger were so good on that Navy that I've never bought anywhere else since then.

Bronc72
June 11, 2013, 06:05 PM
I would imagine any Benelli USA dealer could order one for you.

Pancho
June 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
An additional comment on Taylor's. I bought a 62 colt police from them that had a timing problem. One phone call and they had another one on the way before I shipped the bad one back. That is what I call rare customer service.

rondog
June 12, 2013, 12:49 PM
Wow, Taylors looks like the place! Thank you all!

Pancho
June 13, 2013, 12:29 AM
A few things that I've found is that I may shop by computer but I never order by computer, I always do it with a phone call and ask their name and establish a relationship with the person taking the order. It never hurts and it mostly advantages me. I ask simple questions like what's the weather like and who is the sharpest guy in the gun shop. One other thing, try to phone order in the late morning their time. They've had their second cup of coffee and are the best mood of the day.

Jaymo
June 13, 2013, 09:59 PM
I ordered my Uberti 4.5" Colt 1862 police from Buffalo Arms (dot com).
I think they're in Idaho. Very nice people.

If you enjoyed reading about "source for Ubertis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!