magazine nomenclature

PDA

dvdcrr
June 11, 2013, 12:49 AM
As knowledgeable gun owners I think we should do the country a favor and start referring to any mag 10 rounds or less as a reduced capacity magazine. Anything larger than 10 should be called a standard capacity magazine. Especially milspec 20-30 round mags. I don't think the antigunners should be able to claim the moral high ground by calling mags hi cap.

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine nomenclature" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 11, 2013, 12:53 AM
We, and many magazine writers have been doing it for years.

But don't try to confuse the anti-gunners, politicians, and the liberal news media with the facts please.

None of them will ever listen or learn from the facts anyway.

rc

Outlaw Man
June 11, 2013, 09:46 AM
"Facts are stubborn things..."

beatledog7
June 11, 2013, 10:11 AM
I prefer "design capacity." Many pistols are designed for a maximum capacity of fewer than 10 rounds, so to refer to these as "reduced" is inaccurate.

For a 1911, a design capacity magazine is 7 or 8 rounds. For a Glock 17, it's 17 rounds. And so on.

Any magazine that functions in a 1911 and is limited to fewer than 7 would properly be referred to as "reduced capacity." For a Glock 17, any magazine that holds 16 or fewer is a "reduced capacity" magazine, because the G17 was designed to hold 17 in the magazine.

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine nomenclature" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!