Fenix TK75 (AKA I Own the Night)

PDA

BrainOnSigs
June 11, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mine was delivered last saturday. No way could I do a review as good as the super geeks at Candle Power forums. Needless to say...you need sun screen on once you hit turbo. I added a Pila charger and 12 Panasonic 3100 maH 18650 lithium-ion batteries.

Fenix TK75 review (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352450-Fenix-TK75-3xXM-L-U2-4x18650-Review)

If you enjoyed reading about "Fenix TK75 (AKA I Own the Night)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Valkman
June 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
Wow that's a lot of lumens! I love it! :D

OregonJohnny
June 11, 2013, 03:24 PM
As one of the geeks who is on Candle Power Forums, let me say congratulations. That is quite a light. I own several Fenix lights myself.

You'll love that Pila charger. I have one, and also use 3100mAh 18650s, but from AW. I use them in a home-bored Surefire 6P, with a Nailbender 450-lumen 2.8A 3-mode 90+CRI XML drop-in. It has amazing tint and color rendering, especially outside with the greens around here in Oregon. It puts most other LEDs to shame. Once you go high-end rechargeable incandescent (Lumens Factory) or high-CRI LED (Malkoff and Nailbender), you'll never go back to bluish white LEDs.

Now you just need a good P60 platform, and the drop-in options with rechargeable 18650s are endless...and addicting. "Guilt-free lumens" from using rechargeables instead of expensive CR123 primaries, makes you find reasons to use your light.

BrainOnSigs
June 11, 2013, 07:00 PM
As one of the geeks who is on Candle Power Forums, let me say congratulations. That is quite a light. I own several Fenix lights myself.

You'll love that Pila charger. I have one, and also use 3100mAh 18650s, but from AW. I use them in a home-bored Surefire 6P, with a Nailbender 450-lumen 2.8A 3-mode 90+CRI XML drop-in. It has amazing tint and color rendering, especially outside with the greens around here in Oregon. It puts most other LEDs to shame. Once you go high-end rechargeable incandescent (Lumens Factory) or high-CRI LED (Malkoff and Nailbender), you'll never go back to bluish white LEDs.

Now you just need a good P60 platform, and the drop-in options with rechargeable 18650s are endless...and addicting. "Guilt-free lumens" from using rechargeables instead of expensive CR123 primaries, makes you find reasons to use your light.
Thanks for the insight. I also have 8 AWs (2400 maH) from a prior purchase. I usually carry a Fenix TK11 in my backpack/bug out bag.

No offense by the geek comment. I am a geek in several other areas. ;):D

OregonJohnny
June 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
No offense by the geek comment. I am a geek in several other areas.

None taken. :)

I have been the geek/hero many times, when I am the only one in a group of people who can whip a decent flashlight out of his pocket when it's needed. I can't count how many times I've heard people ask me, "You carry a flashlight with you all the time?"

I say, "Yep, and you're welcome for finding your keys under the dark restaurant table - or walking you to your car late at night and lighting up the area around it - or letting you borrow it to use the bathroom during an office power outage."

The situations for coming to the rescue with a flashlight present themselves all the time.

Your TK75 would be a blast (literally) to hand to a newbie, when all they've experienced are Maglites and cheap hardware store checkout line LEDs. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Fenix TK75 (AKA I Own the Night)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!