Barnes Tac-XPD .380

PDA

Hunter125
June 15, 2013, 01:39 AM
I've been checking my lgs fairly often ghe past few weeks hoping to find some Hornady Critical Defense .380. They haven't had any of that, but they have had Barnes Tac-XPD 80 gr .380 sitting on the shelf every time. I ended up buying a couple boxes tonight just to try it out. Does anybody have any experience with these, maybe even in a different caliber? Do they expand reliably, penetrate well, etc? Will be used in a Taurus TCP btw.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Tac-XPD .380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 15, 2013, 01:43 AM
Supposed to be good reliable stuff according to what I have read.

Here's a You-Tube on a pork shoulder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqE0wcI1djc

Looks like it eats meat three meals a day!

rc

Hunter125
June 15, 2013, 02:20 AM
Yeah, that looks pretty good. Way better than the cheapo Tula FMJ I had in the gun until now.

hardluk1
June 15, 2013, 11:56 AM
If you can find some corbon dpx ,they also should run well. Great bullet design.

rcmodel good to see a real meat test and the how well the little 380's can perform.

MICHAEL T
June 17, 2013, 01:13 AM
Corbon DPX hard to find I have 3 boxes on back order at Cobon Been a month and 1/2 and still waiting. I glad I haven shot up what I hav on hand

Hunter125
June 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
Yeah I paid $30 for the .380 XPD. Went into lgs today and they had a box of .40 DPX - $50! Wow! Is that normal price for DPX, or is it inflated because of all the hype as of late?

zeke4351
June 17, 2013, 06:05 PM
I've been checking my lgs fairly often ghe past few weeks hoping to find some Hornady Critical Defense .380. They haven't had any of that, but they have had Barnes Tac-XPD 80 gr .380 sitting on the shelf every time. I ended up buying a couple boxes tonight just to try it out. Does anybody have any experience with these, maybe even in a different caliber? Do they expand reliably, penetrate well, etc? Will be used in a Taurus TCP btw.

You my friend just upgraded your carry ammo in a big way.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Tac-XPD .380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!