Annoying "Related Searches" bar

PDA

MTMilitiaman
June 15, 2013, 03:30 PM
What's with this annoying "Related Searches" bar that now pops up every time I do anything on this site? You know, the one that was never there before but which now won't go away from the left side of my screen, even though I haven't conducted a search for anything the last half a dozen times or so I've been on this site? It's completely worthless anyways as it's related search recommendations are in no way related to any search I have ever conducted on this site...yeah that search bar....

It's annoying and it needs to go away, permanently, now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Annoying "Related Searches" bar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
June 15, 2013, 04:14 PM
That is coming from your own system/browser. You have some form of malware in your system. Most virus checkers will detect it and get rid of it. Some have suggested that the free download from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ works well.

Derek Zeanah
June 15, 2013, 04:34 PM
What Mal said. There's a vBulletin function that offers related threads that can appear after the thread display that's currently turned off (but that I'm going to talk to mods about re-enabling).

What you're seeing is not a part of THR. You've been infected, or you're using an ISP that's injecting that sort of content as a revenue builder.

Derek Zeanah
June 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
Another thought. Try another browser and it will determine whether it's limited to one browser, of it it's more system-wide.

If you enjoyed reading about "Annoying "Related Searches" bar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!