standard cap mag availability now

PDA

marklbucla
March 19, 2004, 01:52 AM
If I understand correctly, only LEO people are allowed to purchase standard capacity mags now. So all those ads online and in catalogs for 15 rounders are for the LEO community only?

Or is it that manufacturers can't make anymore standard caps?

If you enjoyed reading about "standard cap mag availability now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
March 19, 2004, 01:56 AM
You misunderstand.

Per Federal law, normal people can possess "high capacity ammunition feeding devices" as long as they existed before Sept 1994.

-z

7.62FullMetalJacket
March 19, 2004, 01:59 AM
You will have serious difficulties getting anyone to ship normal capacity magazines (>10 rounds) to the PRK.

marklbucla
March 19, 2004, 02:00 AM
Yeah, the AWB sunset does absolutely nothing for us here. Well, maybe 10 rounders will be found cheaper, but that's about it.

Zundfolge
March 19, 2004, 01:53 PM
I hate to be the wet blanket, but if anything, I expect you'll see 10 round mags go up in price in the PRK.

Since manufacturers will be making full capacity magazines, they will make less 10 rounders so supplies will drop (thus increasing prices).

cracked butt
March 19, 2004, 02:49 PM
I don't know. If standard cap magazines become easily attainable and cheap, people might start dumping their 10 rd magazines like a bad habit.

marklbucla
March 19, 2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah, supply would drop, but demand would probably drop even further resulting in a surplus.

Just a guess though. I'm going to hold off on all my mag purchases till after the prices drop on 10 rounders. I guess we'll only have a little while though before Kerry takes office.

If you enjoyed reading about "standard cap mag availability now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!