I just used my BFSC card for the last time =(

PDA

mellow
December 27, 2002, 06:45 PM
@#$%ing PRK. Anyways, it was for a Browning Hard Chrome Hi-Power.

Time to retire the BFSC card. I think I'll frame it. :p

I picked up a copy of the Handbook for the new Handgun Safety Certificate just for the heck of it. I'll probably end up getting the new certificate. There's a couple more beauties out there that I want to get.

What did you PRKers get for your last BFSC purchase?

If you enjoyed reading about "I just used my BFSC card for the last time =(" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
December 27, 2002, 07:06 PM
Have you taken your new Hi-Power to the range yet?

Prodigalshooter
December 27, 2002, 07:32 PM
Today I picked up a GP100, 3" barrel, fixed sights. This was used, had been a police trade in. But though it has been obviously carried a whole bunch, it looks like it was only fired to qualify, everything locks up tight. I must have been dry fired a lot, as it's trigger is much smoother than you'd expect from a Ruger.
I'm going to use this in IDPA, alternating between it and my Smith 66. It will also be the designated HD gun.
First I've gotta clean it up tho and put on the replacement grips Ruger sent me.

mellow
December 27, 2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by blades67
Have you taken your new Hi-Power to the range yet?

I only signed the DROS today. I still have to wait out the 10 days. You lookin' to get one too?

Plan-B
December 27, 2002, 08:44 PM
My last BFSC purchase was a USP .45 courtesy of HKPro himself. I've also got a copy of the new HSC book; is it just me or is it nearly identical to the BFSC handbook?

madkiwi
December 28, 2002, 12:51 AM
I am going in to pick up my Springfield 1911-A1 mil-spec tomorrow. That will be my last.

Of course my sweetie thinks she should get some use out of hers one last time and may pick up a plinker (she likes the Buckmark Standard, and the dealer we are going to has it on sale for $269).

Damn the statists.

madkiwi

Kahr carrier
December 30, 2002, 07:01 AM
Rip BFSC. Just picked up my HSC card test was a piece of cake. 30 questions what a breeze. :D

Gunsnrovers
December 30, 2002, 07:11 AM
Used mine on the 13th & 14th.

Picked up a PPT S&W 2" M&P and a C&R Colt New Service.

If I can find another PPT today or tomorrow, I'll pick it up, but nothing has really caught my eye. I'm going to run by a few shops on Monday to see what's what, but I doubt I'll find much.

Jeff

PlayTheAces
December 30, 2002, 03:14 PM
My last one was a S&W 625. My "lifetime" BFSC card turned out to be good for a couple of weeks short of seven years!

WonderNine
December 30, 2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mellow
I only signed the DROS today. I still have to wait out the 10 days. You lookin' to get one too?

That's right. You need to "cool off" first.

Kruzr
December 30, 2002, 05:44 PM
Used it for the last time on Saturday on a PPT for a LB TRS. Got DROS'd under the old rules but the pick-up on Jan. 7 will be under the new rules. I will have to give the "safety demonstration" test and if I didn't have a safe, would have to demonstrate the proper way to put the lock on (is there more than one way?).

Anyway, I ran smack into a Calif law that DOJ said went into effect in September that says you can not do a PPT directly with anyone from out of California. An out of state PPT must go from an out of state FFL to an FFL in California. Luckily, the guy I was buying from had a California resident relative with him. We were able to do the transfer using him as the "seller".

45R
December 30, 2002, 06:20 PM
Last CA purchase with BFSC was a Sig P226 chambered in 9mm.

Lyle Wyatt
December 31, 2002, 12:25 AM
Picked up my new CZ 40 on Friday. But since I live in Kern County, an island of reason in a sea of foolishness, I just showed the dealer my CCW.

4v50 Gary
December 31, 2002, 01:07 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a S&W Model 18 22 revolver. Should have had one years ago.

tw1112
December 31, 2002, 01:40 AM
Last BFSC purchase was my new walther p99. Haven't picked up the HSC test booklet yet...maybe tomorrow when I go in to check out some rifles.

citizen
December 31, 2002, 06:37 AM
BFSC??????

(Must be a Kali thing.....:confused: )

madkiwi
January 1, 2003, 03:37 AM
Citizen-

Basic Firearm Safety Certificate

New rules as of today, so the BFSC is now obsolete.

Happy New Year!

madkiwi

Pendragon
January 1, 2003, 04:24 AM
I swapped my K38 for a 638 on the 30th.

Hold over transactions do not require the HSC card, but you do have to prove residency and do a safety demonstration.

Roboshred
February 28, 2003, 02:36 AM
2 Colt commanders one ppt the other a new xse.

BamBam-31
February 28, 2003, 04:49 AM
Just got my HSC. No biggie. The written test is a breeze. Common sense questions, really. The safety demonstration was also a breeze. Pick up a locked, unloaded handgun. Unlock, load snap cap into mag, insert mag, rack slide. Unload. Do it all without touching the trigger or pointing the muzzle at anyone, and you pass. Supposed to be good for 5 years, but somehow I get the feeling the laws might change before then. :rolleyes: :barf: Freakin' Kali. :fire:

Got the HSC to buy a handgun most foul: the Ruger 22/45. Sheesh. Gotta buy a Sig 226 or Walther P99 just to make it worth my effort. ;)

Tamara
February 28, 2003, 08:33 AM
Will someone please tell those of us who live in America whatinnahell a "DROS" is? :confused:

KP95DAO
February 28, 2003, 09:46 AM
As an Okie, I am thankfully ignorant of "cards" and "certificates." And 10 day waiting periods. And not being able to carry your firearm in your car. And not being able to obtain a CCW permit. Yes, I am just another ignorant Okie.

Freightman
February 28, 2003, 10:41 AM
Ignorant and proud of it.

Plan-B
February 28, 2003, 11:42 AM
Will someone please tell those of us who live in America whatinnahell a "DROS" is?

DROS = Dealer Record Of Sale

It's registration without calling it registration, but I still call it registration because it really is just registration.

Wilhelm
February 28, 2003, 04:49 PM
I never actually had a BFSC I just used my hunting license. I did buy a 9000s in late Dec. because hunting license no longer cuts it either.

Wilhelm

braindead0
February 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
That the pinkish card? I've still got mine from when I lived out there..long time ago (well, 5 years).. I was amazed at how lame the process was...the guy at B&B basically said it was open book (even though perhaps it wasn't) ;-)

I'm glad I'm gone... First time I purchased a gun here..I was shocked...make deal, fill out form...dealer calls it in...pay for gun and go home.. Under an hour every time.

If you enjoyed reading about "I just used my BFSC card for the last time =(" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!