I Carry Mr. Big Knife!!

PDA

thebladesman
June 19, 2013, 02:48 PM
I am new to this forum and this is my first ever reply post. That being said, I have grown sick and tired of hearing about crazed coward lunatics just going into a place of business, either chosen at random or going after someone they know, and just raising their sissy coward gun or guns and opening fire and killing sweet, innocent human lives, esp when there are kids that get shot. This to me is a coward, and should be treated like one.

But worse than that, I have grown sick and tired of seeing security guards, either armed or umarmed, being placed in these business and paid peanuts to supposedly protect the lives of customers and employees. Do you actually think they would put their lives on the line for people they don't even know? Of course not and I for one don't blame them.

I am also tired of hearing the sissy police, who can never seem to get to a real crime on time, or theys end one little Barney Fife looking lone officer out to a murder or rape, but then for a speeding car or for a jaywalker, they have about 5 to 7 police cars there. But yet they still think we are dumb enough that if someone is about to kill us or another person, that we are supposed to wait for them and not take the law into our own hands!!! What a crock of crap!!

I have decided to start carrying a large ass knife on my side wherever I go, and especially when I go to any kind of business such as grocery stores or to the pharmacy. We don't have guns in our home (my lovely wife and I have both endured painful shooting accidents and suicides within our family, and therefore do not own guns, although we fully support gun ownership!),

Therefore, I carry a large knife on my side and in plain view. And I don't mean a large knife like a Buck 110 folder or some silly knife like that (although a very good knife indeed). But I mean that I carry a knife that is razor sharp, extremely durable (basically indestructible), and with a blade not less than 8 inches long. Well, I do have a couple knives that have 7 1/2 inch blades but no shorter)! And I have no problem with yanking out my big sharp knife and decapitating a coward ass shooter of innocent people in a split second if I had to!

And I mean I would have No regret or remorse about it either! Then when the little Barney Fife policeman comes and harasses me about not waiting for him, and about taking the law into my own hands, I will look at him and say, "I waited as long as I could for you, I waited a second!"

Yes Sirs, if you have no gun for whatever reason. just slice and dice those cowards!! Slice And Dice Ten Stick 'Em And Kick 'Em!!! that is my motto when it comes to coward ass loser shooters and takers of innocent lives. And I have no problem with doing that whatsoever!! After All, I've done it once to save a life and I'll darn sure do it again!!

If you enjoyed reading about "I Carry Mr. Big Knife!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
June 19, 2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome to THR.

There is something to be said for looking prepared, but I don't know of any respectable self-defense trainers who suggest open carrying a large knife.

I have done a lot of chopping with big knives, most often kukhuris. There is no need to "decapitate" an attacker to stop them- indeed, it's much harder to do than most people think, especially with a knife as small as the one you claim to carry- and saying you would do it suggests you have little experience training with large blades to thwart an attack or actually chopping anything sturdy.

John, carries an even bigger knife, when he can

1KPerDay
June 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
First rule of a gunfight...... ;)

Yo Mama
June 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
Wow, what a post. Welcome thebladesman.

My input: A knife is not the best item for defense. You must be really well trained for it to work out in your favor. Having an exposed knife puts you at risk, someone wanting to cause harm to others will identify you quickly and go to take what you are displaying by force making you a target. Gun vs. knife will not result well for you at all.

About firearms, I'm very sorry to hear about your personal history, I am glad you support the right of others though.

Lastly, you seem hell bent in some ways, looking for trouble. I get the feeling you have and agree with you that there is true evil out there but you seem to be seeking it out?

JShirley
June 19, 2013, 03:47 PM
Okay, the whole "never take a knife to a gun fight" phrase is incredibly stupid, for a number of reasons.

That said, there are two major reasons firearms dominate both the battlefield and modern defense:

1) Range
2) Ease to learn

At close enough range, a large bladed weapon is at least as dangerous as a firearm. But you can teach a peasant how to be dangerous with a firearm in a few days, while teaching them to be truly dangerous with a manual weapon will take a minimum of weeks for the simplest weapon (spear).

At close range, a medium to large knife in skilled hands is a major threat- as in, it can enact a stop quicker than any firearm hit that does not strike CNS. Further, it is fairly common for modern firearms instructors to teach using a knife in conjunction with a handgun, to clear an attacker off your sidearm.

Now, to go back to the original premise of this thread- if one could carry a larger knife (I think the Camp Defender is on the small side of knives I like to chop with, and it's over 8" of blade), one could also just carry a cane. A properly selected cane has distance/reach over an 8" blade, and can enact a stop even quicker, since you don't have to cover as much distance to strike the threat.

John

X-Rap
June 19, 2013, 03:50 PM
Knives also have a whole different set of laws than guns in some states.
That 7-8" blade might cause you a lot of grief if you don't understand the law.

JShirley
June 19, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yep. Georgia used to outlaw carrying any knives "designed for offense or defense", and most states specify certain knife types ("bowies" and "dirks" are two common ones) that are not legal to carry. Some states also limit allowable blade lengths.

19-3Ben
June 19, 2013, 05:47 PM
I have grown sick and tired of hearing about crazed coward lunatics

I have grown sick and tired of seeing security guards,

I am also tired of hearing the sissy police

Wow. you're really sick and really tired!

Do you live in an area where all this stuff has happened? Or are you going all Corocodile Dundee, just because you're frustrated with what you hear on the news?

Also, talking about decapitating, slicing, and dicing bad guys like you're a wannabe ninja, tends not to sit well with folks on this forum. I might suggest toning it down to maybe the level of discussing which knives might be best for SD, if you have decided to do so, and perhaps seeking the input of others. It just sounds more like something that rational people would discuss.

mljdeckard
June 19, 2013, 06:15 PM
Sorry we guys carrying guns to defend ourselves are so cowardly.

Security officers are hired to protect the interests of whomever it was who hired them.

I always carry a knife. Usually a Spyderco in my pocket. In Iraq it was mostly a Gerber Mk II, sometimes my Buckmaster. I wouldn't trade ANY of them for my gun.

zhyla
June 19, 2013, 06:19 PM
So disappointed... title should have been Mr. Medium Sized Knife.

Some of these "coward ass" shooters these days seem to know what they're doing with a firearm. I thank you for giving the crazed nut job something to perforate while I make haste for the door.

Deltaboy
June 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
What a Rant I carry a gun cause I have been cut enough to not want to get in a knife fight unless I am in a place I can't carry. But I also carry pepper spray a pen, flashlight, knife and cane. Everyone needs to have options.

Officers'Wife
June 19, 2013, 09:13 PM
Hmm, I carry several knives. One is a folding stiletto that I find useful to clean the insides of fertilizer delivery tubes in the field. I also have a Springfield rifle bayonet in hubby's truck, it's useful when a threaded plastic fitting snaps off. Put the point inside the fitting, tap it twice with a hammer then use a 3/8's inch open end wrench to unscrew that sucker right out. In my belt pouch I have an el cheapo folding knife with a 6 1/2 inch blade to cut away weeds that have twisted around shafts or axles. I also have a scalpel in my purse that frankly I have no idea got there. I also have a .38 Super Colt Commander in my purse. Here's a hint, should I find myself in what my late uncle called a "social situation" I will not be grabbing for the scalpel until I run out of ammunition.

Item last: If God in His infinite wisdom had intended me to defend myself by going blade to blade, would He have inspired my Dad to teach me to shoot handguns and Colt Firearms to make such good sidearms?

Unistat
June 19, 2013, 09:30 PM
Your post is so full of straw man arguments that it is easier to dismiss you as a troll than try and figure out if you're serious.

If you really want to talk about carrying a knife as a visual deterrent and for self defense, you should re-post without the insults, explicit and implicit.

hso
June 19, 2013, 10:22 PM
And that should be sufficient for this.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Carry Mr. Big Knife!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!