ID help on powder and shot dispenser

PDA

David E
June 20, 2013, 01:48 PM
Found this going thru some stuff. One must be powder, the other for shot, I presume. Wrinkled texture paint on the base is black. Both are permanently attached to base. Both have baffles in them. I have two if these. One has both lids, the other does not.

Wondering about brand, make, or model. And can anybody use these?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/aqagema5.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "ID help on powder and shot dispenser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uniquedot
June 20, 2013, 02:22 PM
Could be repainted herter's or C&H or perhaps hollywood. What are you asking for each?

David E
June 20, 2013, 04:14 PM
Highly doubt they are repainted, unless one of those companies painted it a different color to sell under another brand name or some such.

I don't know what their value is.

jaguarxk120
June 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
Go thru ebay searching for powder measures. Do a (-lee) switch to cut down on listings you don't need.

Usually someone has a listing and pictures of the older duo style measures.

rcmodel
June 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
I think Hollywood Engineering was crinkle black.

rc

Joatmon
June 20, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hollywood items are the black crinkle paint but they are generally marked somewhere on the casting, so I am not sure about that lineage. Most of the Herters line were painted a dark brown crinkle paint although I have at least one example of a black painted press. Many items of Herters lines have few marks of ID. Cant see any pics in your post so just guessing.

David E
June 20, 2013, 09:47 PM
Sorry, forgot the pic! I just added it to the OP

Also, I'm presuming the second tube is for shot. One is discolored from powder, the other is not.

David E
June 22, 2013, 04:53 PM
If someone can use these, $20 will cover shipping.

Otherwise, they're going in the trash.

Joatmon
June 22, 2013, 10:44 PM
That is the top of of a Ponsness Warren shotshell loader. Cant tell which one but most likely a 375 or a 600B. Given the height of the tubes I would guess a 600B (progressive). I am sure that someone out there could use this, I would take it myself for a backup on my 600 or 375 but I just dont use them that much (and I have too much stuff now). I am sure it would sell online if you want to go that route. Dont throw it away.

If you enjoyed reading about "ID help on powder and shot dispenser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!