Remington Octagon

PDA

deere140
June 23, 2013, 01:29 AM
This would not be a Remington 1901 correct? Would it be a Remington 4 rolling block (rifle). I do not own it, this is the only picture I have.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Octagon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maj Dad
June 23, 2013, 10:36 AM
Does it have any markings? Remington made the M1867 rolling block pistol (it isn't that, I would say) for the US Govt, then made a lot of RB pistols for the civilian market up into the 1900's. Trying to guess what it is from the small picture is just that, a guess.

Jim Watson
June 23, 2013, 11:54 AM
The full octagon barrel, grip shape, and long foreend are not right for any Remington Rolling Block pistol I have seen pictured.

I think it is a cut down rifle, which is illegal under the letter of the law but not likely to bring in BATFE SWAT... I hope. But then I recall the article about the nicely done pump action pistol built from an 1890 Winchester that was confiscated by the feds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Octagon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!