Old revolver

PDA

Omac
June 23, 2013, 03:00 PM
just came across a 32 winchester OTG smith and wesson revolver' eventhough is not in the best looks its still funtionable. I believe it to be from the lat 1890s. Can anyone educate me on value of firearm?

If you enjoyed reading about "Old revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikeJackmin
June 23, 2013, 06:28 PM
Clear photos would help a lot.

It probably says "32 Winchester CTG", with CTG being an abbreviation for "cartridge". If you can note all of the other markings that would help, too.

don3
June 23, 2013, 07:11 PM
Could it be 32 WCF? anyway it is 32-20, nice round.

Old Fuff
June 23, 2013, 10:24 PM
Look on the bottom of the butt for a serial number. It may also be found on the bottom/rear of the barrel, above the ejector rod. Swing out the cylinder to see it.

Then we can get started. ;)

Vern Humphrey
June 24, 2013, 11:53 AM
Also check for a bulged barrel. The .32-20 was notorious for that.

And if it's from the 1890s, I'd recommend black powder only. Smokeless powder can bulge the chambers.

Coyote3855
June 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
As other posters have noted, clear pictures and the serial number would help with a determination of value. Serial number will let us know when it was made. Pictures will give the condtion. If it's pristine with original grips, your value will be much different than if it is a rusted wreck with plastic stag grips.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!