Replacement Sight(s) for Glock19

PDA

Swamp Yankee
February 3, 2003, 08:58 PM
At the range today I suddenly noticed no sight picture. The factory rear adjustable sight snapped off at the dovetail. Called Glock and they will replace it, however I've been thinking maybe a new set of aftermarket sights might be in order.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations or comments concerning replacement sights for the Glock. What are your likes and dislikes. I do carry this gun, but only on rare occasions. Night Sights are an option. Installation would be performed by an excellent local gunsmith.
Anyway I look forward to the input.
Thanks in Advance for the responses.
Take Care

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement Sight(s) for Glock19" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sven
February 3, 2003, 09:14 PM
Get Trijicons.

Replaced the stock sights with Trijis and have not looked back. I love having radioactive sights... there is something reassuring about seeing those green dots when I open the safe at night.

Very solid construction, etc.

Now stay tuned for 2 dozen other recommendations of other sights. One of the benefits of choosing a common / popular weapon: the wide variety of aftermarket products.

-sven

ChristopherG
February 3, 2003, 09:18 PM
You'll get lots of conflicting opinions here. Most everyone will prolly tell you to go with nightsights, and I'll join in and say, why not? On the other hand, I don't like a bunch of dotty, barry clutter on my sights. I went with Heinie SlantPro Straight Eights and like'em. They give a very crisp, clear normal sight picture during the day, and line up quickly and accurately for me at night. You can see them at Heinie.com, though you can get them for less at Custom Glock Racing.

Again, you'll get lots of advice; hopefully you can get a chance to handle some guns with different sights to decide. If not, go with whatever seems to fit your purpose best, and good luck.

Cg

Edited to say: See? The advice-river started flowing before I could even hit Submit Message ;)

TheActor
February 3, 2003, 09:36 PM
I just ordered some ameriglo sights from lonewolf for my g19. http://www.ameriglo.net/pages/weaponsights.html#glock_classic_gl113

Bob Locke
February 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
I've still got the stock sights on both of my Glocks, but I've been leaning toward the P-T Night Sights if I go that route. My eyes don't do that well with three-dot sight pictures, but having different colors on those dots changes that. They also offer the Box Bar version, which is basically Glock's regular sight pattern in night sight form. If I swap mine out, that's the pattern I'll be getting.

Omni
February 3, 2003, 10:35 PM
Another vote for Heinie Slant Pro. Great sight picture!

Abner
February 3, 2003, 10:59 PM
I replaced the plastic sights on my G19 with a set of MMC adjustable sights. You can get them in plain black, white dots, bars, whatever and also with tritium inserts in dot configs and bar configs. The sights sit very low on the gun and are rounded and the rear is protected by wings. I never had them snag. www.mmcsight.com.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement Sight(s) for Glock19" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!