Help IDing an Odd Pepperbox .22

PDA

KingMedicine
June 25, 2013, 11:05 PM
Friend got a gun collection for a discount, and this happen to be in the group. No markings past it being labeled "22" inside the barrel. 4 barrels with a rotating firing pin everytime you click the squeeze trigger.

Anyone have any idea on the make and model. It looks like a .22 short...

If you enjoyed reading about "Help IDing an Odd Pepperbox .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
June 25, 2013, 11:25 PM
That is the Unique Vest Pocket Pistol.
It was designed by Oscar Mossberg, some made by Mossberg, most by Shattuck Arms.
1907-1915.
Flayderman thinks they are worth several hundred dollars but it might be a slow sale.

firesky101
June 25, 2013, 11:25 PM
very very interesting

9mmfan
June 26, 2013, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't have guessed that it was a gun if you hadn't told me...

commygun
June 26, 2013, 07:08 PM
Cool! I leave seeing this stuff turn up on here.

Jim K
June 27, 2013, 03:42 PM
Flayderman's 9th Edition gives a value of $1250 to $2250; I would put that one toward the latter figure and close to it if not for the damage to the nickel plating on the barrel. Like any valuation, those figures can change with the economy and other factors.

Jim

Jim Watson
June 27, 2013, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't have guessed that it was a gun if you hadn't told me...

Every once in a while you see one turn up described as a tool, purpose not known.
It is obviously a frammistat calibrator, right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help IDing an Odd Pepperbox .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!