$15 Lee turrets

PDA

Fire_Moose
June 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
On eBay. Buy it now price free shipping. Says more then 10 available.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111106179099&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=04028215669

Best I've seen on them for months.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

If you enjoyed reading about "$15 Lee turrets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Katitmail
June 26, 2013, 10:21 PM
Two weeks ago I bought them here: http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=LEE90269&src=exrbSrch

Just set email notification..

dickttx
June 27, 2013, 09:42 AM
Compared to most prices you are paying $6 each for shipping on e-bay.
They are frequently on sale for $8, in normal times. I would get on the waiting list at Natchez.
I have never seen any reloading items on e-bay that were not considerably overpriced compared to the normal reloading vendors.

joecil
June 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
I ordered 3 from FA Reloading and expect them tomorrow. Took about 2 weeks on back order to get them. I paid 10.38 each with 9.60 shipping.

Springfield0612
June 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
I paid $8 at Cabela's a couple months back, they had about 20 on the shelf.

ngnrd
June 27, 2013, 11:07 AM
If you're paying more than $10 for Lee turrets, you're paying too much.

kostner
June 27, 2013, 11:33 AM
If you're paying more than $10 for Lee turrets, you're paying too much.
AMEN

RealGun
June 27, 2013, 01:12 PM
The trick is to actually possess one and gain the benefits, not to be on the lowest price backorder list blackhole. Same goes for components and other equipment/accessories, guns, holsters, etc..

ngnrd
June 27, 2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, but the LCT press comes with one turret. You might have to swap out dies, and it might be somewhat inconvenient, but it's not like lack of additional turrets will keep you from loading. So, waiting until you can find 'em cheap isn't typically the end of the world.

RealGun
June 27, 2013, 08:32 PM
A few dollars difference is squeezing a buck too hard. I can see waiting for a pricier item, if the reduction is realistic to expect in the foreseeable future.

The $15 turret includes shipping, so there is nothing wrong with that price, especially when no one else has any. Midway would charge $15.34 just for shipping. You have to figure out how to group these purchase, very much like getting all you can out of a HAZMAT fee. You don't order one pound of powder or 100 or even 1000 primers and consider it a good find.

ArchAngelCD
June 27, 2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up BUT!

I'm not a big fan of Ebay every since they showed their gun hating face a few years back when they banned bullets, brass, barrels and a few other items that pertain to ammo. I do not like spending money with gun haters and Ebay plus Pay Pal hate guns.

ngnrd
June 27, 2013, 10:31 PM
After further consideration, I suppose $15 with free shipping isn't a terrible deal. But, I typically have to filter out offers with free shipping because most sellers won't honor those terms when shipping to Alaska.

And to be honest, an extra $5, $6, or $7 probably isn't a deal killer if you want something, even something that you can typically get for $8-10. But, every wasted dollar is one dollar less you can spend on powder, primers, and projectiles. Your choice.

dickttx
June 28, 2013, 11:31 AM
Yep, my money and I will spend it in the most effective way I can. That is one of the reasons that at 76, I have the money to buy what I want to, when I want to. Can't even imagine wanting (not needing) something so badly I would overpay by half.

RealGun
June 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
Over paying "by half" is not a fair statement, is it? The comparisons would have to include shipping, as does the $15 unit.

ngnrd
June 28, 2013, 12:59 PM
If all you order is a single turret, the typical cost of shipping would be large compared to the price of the turret.

But, if you add a single turret to another order, the cost of shipping could be next to zero.

So, I guess it depends what exactly you are comparing to that ebay "shipping included" price. The last three turrets I bought cost me under $9 each - including their share of the shipping for that order.

rondog
June 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
As an LCT owner and reloader of a dozen different calibers, I can attest to the convenience of having as many turrets as you can get ahold of! Glad I bought enough when I did, but I can always use a couple more.

If you enjoyed reading about "$15 Lee turrets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!