Same Sheels for 4 Guns

PDA

MtnCreek
July 1, 2013, 01:20 PM
I Know they all need to be patterned, but just humor me. :)

I'm buying shells for four different shotguns for a sporting clays shoot. My guns seem to like AA #8's and Fiocchi purple box just fine. I've not patterned them, but I've shot enough rounds to know either will break birds for me. I'd typically go w/ 1 1/8 oz AA's. Anyone here that's shot a lot of different shells through several different guns seen a pattern of a shell that always give good performance in every gun tried?

Thanks!

Edit: Yep, the title is spelled wrong and there's nothing I can do about it. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Same Sheels for 4 Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
July 1, 2013, 02:11 PM
I shoot sporting and typically bring 2-4 different ones to each shoot. You won't see any difference, IMO. The ammo will do better then you, just as your gun will shoot better than you. Personally, I have no need for 1-1/8 shoulder bruisers - there isn't a sporting target out there that 7/8 or 1 oz won't crush. From RIOs to Fiocchi Crushers, B&P, Clever, Remington GC and STS, even Federal, Estate and AA, I buy what I can get on sale and use them accordingly

orphanedcowboy
July 1, 2013, 07:05 PM
I would always buy what ever was on sale, then when the ammo rush hit, I took what I could get. I found that I shot worse with the 100rd bulk packs than my normal Gun Clubs, Sport Loads or dove loads. I would occasionally use AA's, Gold Medals, or other quality shells. I have since settled on Shur-Shot dove loads in both 12 & 20, they pattern well in all five of my Beretta's and a couple of others I have tried them in.

I think the shell construction has more to do with patterns, than the gun they are shot from. I derived at this because of all of the steel shells I have patterned, I have my most troubles with "cheap" shells with less than stellar components.

Sent from my Tesla coil

If you enjoyed reading about "Same Sheels for 4 Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!