concealed carry IWB BG380 - Dowel rod in barrel

PDA

lobo9er
July 1, 2013, 09:19 PM
A few months back someone posted a link to a holster that was made of a dowel that went in to the barrel and a cover over the trigger. Not much of a description, sorry, any help would be great. did search and nothing came up.

If you enjoyed reading about "concealed carry IWB BG380 - Dowel rod in barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2wheels
July 1, 2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/03/13/versacarry-minimalist-holster/

Might be talking about this, I'd stick with a traditional holster myself... But to each his own.

lobo9er
July 1, 2013, 10:02 PM
yep thats the one I'm debating over that one or installing a "clip draw". thanks again.

Onward Allusion
July 1, 2013, 10:24 PM
I had a similar idea last week for the NAA Mini. Using a 6mm plastic screw as the connector to a neck lanyard. It worked pretty nicely. All I had to do was to unscrew the 6mm plastic screw/plug from the barrel. HOWEVER, I don't think I can ever hang something like a loaded NAA Mini from my neck with the barrel pointed at my head. :eek:

I think it would work very well for one of those Beretta or Taurus 22's with an empty chamber, though. Especially the Taurus Poly.

lobo9er
July 2, 2013, 07:49 AM
plenty of kydex neck type holster for the NAA isn't there? They have a transfer bar don't they?

Tomac
July 2, 2013, 08:15 AM
I just ordered a VersaCarry out of curiosity to see how well it works w/my Kahr CM9 for those times I simply can't carry anything larger.
Since the Kahr has a long DAO trigger, I'm not worried about the trigger being covered.
For now I've been using the Covert Carrier combo grip/clip and it's worked well w/just a slight blousing of the shirt required for complete concealment:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/P6150005.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tomac/media/P6150005.jpg.html)
Tomac

bainter1212
July 2, 2013, 08:36 AM
I've been using the Clipdraw for a while on my Kimber Pro Carry and I love it. The problem with the Versa Carry is that you can't just reholster it. When you draw the gun the Versacarry stays in your waistband. You have to pull it out and reinsert it into the barrel.

Onward Allusion
July 2, 2013, 08:36 AM
No transfer bar. Just a notches in the cylinder where the firing pin rests. Still drop safe, though.

lobo9er
July 2, 2013, 01:02 PM
huh the covert carry deal might be an option. Reason I didn't jump in the "clip draw" was I didn't want to have something permanently installed.

Side note My LGS had a little Colt .380 on display today, not for sale. Very nice looking.

Claude Clay
July 2, 2013, 01:15 PM
I've been using the versacary since it came on the market.

i got one for a 3" S&W pro, tested it and it functions perfectly.
got another for a Shield and a Commander. I'd not recommend it
for a glock style ( no external safety) semi-auto.

I'd not recommend them unless you are an accomplished gun handler.

these are for deep cover and can not be re-holstered easily or quickly.

bainter1212
July 2, 2013, 11:30 PM
I've been using the versacary since it came on the market.

i got one for a 3" S&W pro, tested it and it functions perfectly.
got another for a Shield and a Commander. I'd not recommend it
for a glock style ( no external safety) semi-auto.

I'd not recommend them unless you are an accomplished gun handler.

these are for deep cover and can not be re-holstered easily or quickly.

If you're going to carry a Glock "non-holster", I would recommend getting what a friend of mine has. It's a little block that goes behind the trigger. It pops out easily just as fast as it would take you to disengage a manual safety. A great product IMO and makes the Glock a lot safer to carry. Can't remember the product name right now....

Deltaboy
July 3, 2013, 12:33 PM
Cool idea.

AJChenMPH
July 6, 2013, 09:00 AM
If you're going to carry a Glock "non-holster", I would recommend getting what a friend of mine has. It's a little block that goes behind the trigger. It pops out easily just as fast as it would take you to disengage a manual safety. A great product IMO and makes the Glock a lot safer to carry. Can't remember the product name right now....

Are you thinking of the Saf-T-Blok?

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/saf-t-blok/

bryson1
July 11, 2013, 06:42 PM
go to versacarry.com they have these holsters, I have them for 3 difrent guns they work great.
was skeptical at first but I have had them for a while and love them.
Smallest holster you will ever use, and gun is secure.

gym
August 16, 2013, 12:47 PM
Versa carry, is a great little unit. I have 2, and are the smallest footprint available without just putting the gun in your waistband. Unless you stick something inside your pants, "to pull the trigger", there is no way it's going off. The outside is protected by a hard plastic trigger guard, so the only way the trigger could be pulled would be from the inside.
The part about holstering is true, but the holster comes out in a second, plus I don't normally draw my gun unless I plan on firing it. The versa carry along with the pistol, can be removed and replaced in a flash for driving etc.

The Lone Haranguer
August 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
A dowel down the barrel? That has bad idea written all over it.

Alberforth
September 1, 2013, 05:54 PM
FWIW the alternative to the Versacarry would be the Mic / Vanguard and the Vanguard 2.

I have been carrying a Glock daily with either a Mic or a Vanguard for nearly 2 years. I like the fact that the trigger is covered at all times inserting or drawing except when the gun is pointed well away from me. For deep conceal I also like the lack of a belt loop (the lanyard is less noticeable).

With the Vanguard 2 the trigger is completely covered when you insert the gun into your pants, although it is uncovered when you draw.

The new style Versacarry has half the trigger covered, which I guess makes it 50 percent safer going in your pants than it used to be compared to the trigger holster styles. ;)

Yes, a good safety would help one's peace of mind on that, but I don't like relying on them--too many stories out there of safeties going off spontaneously or people forgetting to use them.

If you enjoyed reading about "concealed carry IWB BG380 - Dowel rod in barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!