FC SPP at Graf's

PDA

gsc3zny
July 1, 2013, 11:10 PM
I see Grafs has 12k of these for $284.00. This seems very cheap. Are these federal? Are they any good? Can I use my Lee Ergo hand primer to install them? thx

If you enjoyed reading about "FC SPP at Graf's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bds
July 1, 2013, 11:23 PM
Graf & Sons lists the vendor as Fiocchi Ammunition & Components. The reason why they sell in quantities of 12,000 is they come in trays of 1500 instead of 1000. So 8 boxes x 1500 = 12,000.

I bought mine from MidwayUSA but Graf shipping charge is less. :D

gsc3zny
July 1, 2013, 11:38 PM
So are they any better or worse than cci or remington? I will be using a LEe hand primer

bds
July 1, 2013, 11:55 PM
I haven't had a chance to do range testing but they felt comparable (perhaps slightly firmer) seating them in the Lee hand priming tools (old Auto Prime and XR) compared to CCI/Winchester.

Shmackey
July 2, 2013, 03:52 PM
They're indistinguishable from CCI when they go bang.

GooseGestapo
July 4, 2013, 12:50 PM
They're on the order of CCI for hardness, maybe even harder. My only experience is with some loaded Fiocchi 158gr LRN .38spl. The only gun I have that would pop them was a Ruger Security Six. It has a much stronger hammer spring on purpose. All my trigger tuned Smith and Wessons will reliably pop Winchester and Federal. But are unreliable with CCI. None of the S&W's would fire the Fiocchi. So, they're HARD....

gsc3zny
July 4, 2013, 03:53 PM
They went OOS right after I asked the question

If you enjoyed reading about "FC SPP at Graf's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!