Colt Double Eagle question

PDA

DeltaElite
February 3, 2003, 08:56 PM
Did the Double Eagle use the same barrels as other Colt 1911's?
Or did they have a different barrel system?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Double Eagle question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mgjohn
February 3, 2003, 11:16 PM
The slide, barrel and all parts above the frame were the same as the Goverment/Commander series guns.

Jim Watson
February 4, 2003, 12:20 AM
Same barrel.
The slide is different.
The D.E. disconnector is a projection from the DA trigger drawbar on the right side of the frame. Its slide cut is in the side rail, not the center feed rail. A G.M. slide can have the D.E. disconnector cut made, the regular centerline cut just doesn't do anything in the D.E. I know people who have done it. I guess you could modify a D.E. slide to work on a G.M., but there are not so many around that the situation comes up.
I don't know about the small parts. The extractor looks right in the diagram, but the firing pin doesn't. But they are just drawings so I can't be sure; check part numbers if you care enough.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Double Eagle question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!