Are there magazine extenders for the FN Hi Power?

PDA

IMtheNRA
July 2, 2013, 12:33 PM
Sure would be nice to play around with some "+" base pads for the Hi Power. If you're aware of any, please post a link :-)

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there magazine extenders for the FN Hi Power?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rittmeister
July 2, 2013, 01:46 PM
Not sure about extenders but there are 15 and 17 round magazines available, or at least there were. I had a few but sold them off. The 17 sticks out maybe 3/4" from the bottom of the grip frame. They worked well, I can't remember now why I sold them. I remember hearing that they were South African manufacture but that could be nonsense.

Torian
July 2, 2013, 01:52 PM
Not sure about extenders but there are 15 and 17 round magazines available, or at least there were. I had a few but sold them off. The 17 sticks out maybe 3/4" from the bottom of the grip frame. They worked well, I can't remember now why I sold them. I remember hearing that they were South African manufacture but that could be nonsense.
I use the South African magazines for my Hi Power. They do stick out a little, but not that much. They are advertised as 17 rounders, but they fit 15 reliably.

They were a run for South Africa, but quite a few of them ended up on on auction sites and in stores.

They didn't seem like the greatest quality magazines when I got them originally, but I've never had a misfeed or malfunction with them yet.

IMtheNRA
July 2, 2013, 02:53 PM
Yes, I remember the KRD mags. Ironically, they were cheaper during the "Ban" than now. I had a few and did not like them even though they never caused a malfunction. The KRDs just felt crude, compared to the FN and MecGar mags.

I currently use the 15-rd MecGars and I think they're great!

Torian
July 2, 2013, 03:14 PM
MecGars are great. I can't find any for my Hi Power right now though. I do use them on my EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm. Ever since EAA stopped trying to make mags (they failed horribly) and gave the contract toe MecGar, they've performed wonderfully.

Orion8472
July 2, 2013, 04:24 PM
I have one KRD that will not chamber a round. It will hang up every single time. My brother has some KRD magazines that seem to work. I will have someone check out the magazine.

I prefer Mec-Gar, of course. I recently found two 15 rounders.

jonnyc
July 2, 2013, 08:46 PM
You can find really crappy 20 and 30 round BHP mags, or search a bit for really good Mecgar 20 rounders.

VAgunner
July 2, 2013, 09:17 PM
The mecgar 20 rounders are the only ones I have ever seen run reliability. I have not seen any at a reasonable price for a while.

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/images/Mec-Gar%20BROWNING-HP%2020%20RD%20blued%20MGBRHP20B.jpg

Greg Cotte has the 10, 13 and 15 rounders in stock at a great price.

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97_121&zenid=sr1pjabnu195713ab8t358g8s2

Double_J
July 2, 2013, 09:25 PM
I have a few 15 round KRD mags that work well with my high power. th e only thing that sucks is I can't fimd them as cheap anymore

SharpsDressedMan
July 2, 2013, 10:35 PM
FN made some 20 rounders back in the 80's, and they go for about $60 when you find them. Meggar's should be about $30-$40 when you find them. Those are the two brands to shop for.

Orion8472
July 3, 2013, 09:41 AM
Greg cotte is where I got my latest pair of 15 rounders.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there magazine extenders for the FN Hi Power?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!