Mosin PU sniper

PDA

Gunnerboy
July 2, 2013, 06:12 PM
Just finished building this, Took a 1942 Ishevek with a .309 dia bore drilled and taped it and put a Accumount Repro PU scope on her. Than cut off the old bolt and welded a springfield 03 bolt handle on there.... so howd i do?
Oh and it was a 5 rnd sub moa group at 75yds with handloads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin PU sniper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tomg303
July 2, 2013, 06:14 PM
That's a good lookin rifle. Hope to do this to mine someday soon.

TIMC
July 2, 2013, 08:33 PM
Good job, you have you a fun rifle there! I put one together a few years ago and it has been a great rifle. I had a really tight bore on mine too which is good enough to use .308 bullets. Mine is not a sub moa shooter but will shoot about 1 1/2" at 100 yards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/Hunting%20pics/Jan2007pigpic.jpg

nissantech
July 3, 2013, 04:16 PM
The rifle looks great. I am in the process of doing the same thing after I slug the barrel. i would love to know the process you took to get the scope mount on straight. Rifle looks awesome!

Gunnerboy
July 3, 2013, 10:11 PM
well the process i used for getting the scope mount on straight was measuring out the whole reciever and using the base (glued on) to get a perfect level and distance than i marked dead center and drilled.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin PU sniper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!