I have no willpower - new Sig P226

PDA

joepmo
July 7, 2013, 01:59 AM
My 18 year old son calls me on way home from meeting around lunchtime today.

"Dad - LGS is having a sale today, 20% off everything!" Being my typical cynical self I say, "That can't include guns."

Son - "Yes it does, and they have some Sigs in stock, along with Glocks and ARs."

I stopped in hour before closing. Been looking for P238, but none in stock. however Sig P226 for $760 before tax. Still thinking, then guy says we can do 30 day layaway. Dang, done deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "I have no willpower - new Sig P226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CNobbe
July 7, 2013, 09:28 AM
P238s are impossible to find sometimes since Sig apparently fired all of their dealers, it made things a lot worse..

P238 is a great gun.. I'd buy that over the 938 as I've seen some 938s with issues at the range lately.

Enjoy the 226, I used to have one, newer production, not German :( but was a nice gun..just too big to carry.

bannockburn
July 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
joepmo

I don't see that as a lack of willpower; more like a smart sensible shopper taking advantage of a discount sale. Take your son out to dinner sometime for passing along the info and saving you some bucks on a great SIG gun.

allaroundhunter
July 7, 2013, 10:19 AM
P238s are impossible to find sometimes since Sig apparently fired all of their dealers, it made things a lot worse..

P238 is a great gun.. I'd buy that over the 938 as I've seen some 938s with issues at the range lately.

Enjoy the 226, I used to have one, newer production, not German :( but was a nice gun..just too big to carry.

I was in Cabelas in Dallas yesterday and there were 5 P238s in the display case with more in the back...

If you enjoyed reading about "I have no willpower - new Sig P226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!