Stainless hammer on a Ruger Blackhawk?

PDA

Ruger44mag
July 8, 2013, 12:46 PM
Howdy all!

Ever since I have shot a Super Blackhawk I have been in love with that wide hammer it has. I prefer it over my standard blackhawk hammer which isn't as comfortable to me. The problem is I can only find it in stainless steel and my blackhawk is blued. Has anyone ever put a SS hammer on a blued gun before? How would it look? I have used my blackhawk so much that my hammer has all the bluing worn off anyway. I am kinda hesitant to try it but I really like the hammer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless hammer on a Ruger Blackhawk?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 8, 2013, 01:29 PM
I guess it would look like a new blued Super Blackhawk.

The blue hammer is apparently no longer in production and they apparently use the S/S hammer on the blued guns now.

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkStandard/models.html

rc

Ruger44mag
July 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks! I guess I will go ahead a try it. That might be why they are so hard to find.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stainless hammer on a Ruger Blackhawk?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!