ISRA files motion for carry by July 16th in Illinois.

PDA

Prometheus
July 10, 2013, 11:44 PM
With the first licenses not likely to be issued until mid March, the ISRA isn't taking it laying down.

They have filed a motion in District court and want people to have their Rights by July 16th not in 9 months.

ISRA files motion for carry by July 16th (http://13cgunreviews.blogspot.com/2013/07/isra-files-motion-to-allow-carry-by.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "ISRA files motion for carry by July 16th in Illinois." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Backroad
July 11, 2013, 12:03 PM
Wouldn't respect them if they didn't at least try. But I doubt that it's going to happen.

al

Old Fuff
July 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
The article in the link didn't say if the "District Court" was State or Federal, but I presume the latter. If so the motion might get somewhere. The original decision issued by a Federal District Court did not play patty-cake, and that Court can still find that this most recent law does not meet Constitutional requirements.

Those that brought the suit in the first place can also file motions with the Court, as can the State of Illinois. If the new law is rejected the Illinois A.G. can appeal up the ladder, but if such an appeal doesn't succeed both Illinois and some other states with strict gun control laws might be in serious trouble.

A lot of folks that don't live in, or visit Illinois have a big stake in this.

stonecutter2
July 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
It's unreasonable for the state to pass a law for anything, then say "yeah - you need a license for that right. we'll get around to issuing them in around 9 months. Until then, if you exercise this right, you're getting arrested!"

There is no way that a law can pass that requires permits, effective for prosecution immediately, but the permits aren't issued until a later date.

That'd be like saying you can choose to follow any religion you want, but first you need a religion card effective today. if you don't have a religion card, and you're in a church, you'll be arrested. We're still working on the content and application process for religion cards by the way - so don't break the law until we figure that part out. It's total nonsense.

I hope the idiocy of this provision is handled accordingly by those who are more sane than our state politicians.

splithoof
July 11, 2013, 04:17 PM
I like what Old Fuff said. I can only hope that someday California will be corrected, and at this point it won't be something that the legislature does, only the courts can reverse generations of civil rights violations.

JTHunter
July 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
Considering the 7th District had the stipulation of "reasonable restrictions" for the law, it would seem that the restrictions in this PoS do not meet that.
More hours of training than any other state, NO reciprocity, costs well above the average, no parks, etc., do not strike me as "reasonable".

Prometheus
July 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
Considering the 7th District had the stipulation of "reasonable restrictions" for the law, it would seem that the restrictions in this PoS do not meet that.
More hours of training than any other state, NO reciprocity, costs well above the average, no parks, etc., do not strike me as "reasonable".

I agree completely.

The restriction on mass transit (in a state in which millions use it) is, in and of itself, a defacto ban on people who don't own/use cars.

While I think all licenses to defend yourself are unconstitutional, if Illinois has to have a license they should model the one right across the border in Indiana.

Full preemption, a prohibition on towns preventing carry anywhere that is city/county owned except k-12, jails and courts.

In Indiana you could open carry or concealed carry a handgun, not to mention a AR as you browse for books at your local library and it's completely legal. Should the town or police try to stop you, they are liable for damages per statute.

If you enjoyed reading about "ISRA files motion for carry by July 16th in Illinois." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!