Not Your Typical Paint

PDA

WALKERs210
July 11, 2013, 09:41 PM
I have recently acquired a Norinco NHM 90 that is in excellent condition. No chrome lined barrel but I can live with that, it also has a double hook trigger and its actually smooth and no slapping. This one had no Muzzle brake like others but instead it was equipped with what I call a barrel extension. It was spot welded in three places, using my dremal with cut off wheel I carefully cut thru the welds. It was still fairly tight and had to use channel locks to get it moving. I made the mistake of not placing a piece of leather or other material between tool and "extension" that lead to a couple scratches. I took 400 grit sand paper to smooth it out and tried to use cold bluing to make it look a little better. The Cold bluing just didn't cut it, so I set it aside until I could either find a decent flat black paint or something. I had completely forgot about a spray can of "Plastic Dip" that is used to insulate tools and such. I cleaned the piece and applied a light coat, after it was dry I could not believe how good it worked, so applied a couple extra coats and it looks great plus it will provide a decent finish to safe guard against rust, and it blends the color that looks "Store Bought".

If you enjoyed reading about "Not Your Typical Paint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Not Your Typical Paint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!