Beretta A300 chokes trap

PDA

MagnunJoe
July 12, 2013, 11:11 PM
Help needed: I have a new Beretta A300 Outlander and she came with 3 chokes. For trap shooting I have 2 options, Full or Modified. Which one would you use?
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta A300 chokes trap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Virginian
July 13, 2013, 05:30 AM
Are you talking regulation trap or backyard clays, and how fast do you shoot? Modified is fine with 8s from the 16 yard line for most. If you start backing up you will likely need to go to full.
Pace off 35 long paces. If you are shooting inside that range go modified. If using 7-1/2s full will break more - if you are on them.

oneounceload
July 13, 2013, 06:14 PM
M until you reach the back fence, then the F

MagnunJoe
July 13, 2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks for your imput. This Fridy my boys and I will shoot the Outlander for the first time and I will use the Modified choke.

Milkmaster
July 14, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good luck! Let us know how the new Outlander does for you. Don't be surprised by a jam or two until the new gun has fired a few boxes of ammo. Lube it a little and keep on keeping on!

oneounceload
July 14, 2013, 05:08 PM
READ the owner's manual, and clean and relube per the instructions. You should not have any failures in any aspect that way

MagnunJoe
July 15, 2013, 12:16 AM
I was told to run hot heavy loads the first 100 rounds to break her in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta A300 chokes trap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!