Just joined today- 1st Question s&w mod 41-- 7"

PDA

gundog5
July 13, 2013, 08:59 AM
In your experience, what is the best functioning 22lr ammo for the model 41-- standard velocity or high velocity ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Just joined today- 1st Question s&w mod 41-- 7"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snooperman
July 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
I use CCI standard velocity in my S&W 41. With the stock recoil spring , I would not use high velocity ammo in my gun. Snoop

critter
July 13, 2013, 09:18 AM
Yup. CCI standard velocity. NO DOUBT.

gundog5
July 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys !!!

SwampWolf
July 13, 2013, 03:43 PM
As the previous two posters recommended, CCI sv for sure-though there's no harm in experimenting with other brands and type as your particular Model 41 could conceivably be more accurate and/or reliable withn something other than CCI (though not bloody likely :what:). You'll never know until you try. I would stick with standard velocity stuff, though.

Welcome to The High Road, gundog5!

Walkalong
July 13, 2013, 06:08 PM
I am running Fed Auto Match in mine right now. It has functioned with everything I have tried though.

waterhouse
July 15, 2013, 12:52 PM
I use CCI standard as well.

tuj
July 15, 2013, 12:57 PM
CCI standard is a good ammo for the M41, although you might try SK Pistol match as well. I have great results with it.

claiborne
July 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
Of all the ammo I have tried in mine, CCI SV and mini mags are the most accurate and best performing. Although it may be true that the SV will provide less stress on your fine pistol, nowhere in my manual does it say "do not use high velocity ammo" A call to S&W confirmed that these pistols are completely capable of firing SV and HV 22 ammo. When I have CCI SV, I use it. When I have mini mags, I use those. nothing else I have tried has allowed my pistol to funtion correctly.

Ruger Redhawk
July 15, 2013, 02:12 PM
I haven't fired my S&W 41 or High Standard Victor in several years. Both of them did real well shooting Standard Velocity.Mine liked the long ago discontinued Browning 22 ammo.I believe it was made by Federal.

Fishbed77
July 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the Model 41 is designed to shoot standard-velocity .22LR, and is not intended for HV.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just joined today- 1st Question s&w mod 41-- 7"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!