Older Parker Hale repros, (quality?)

PDA

Float Pilot
July 15, 2013, 02:16 PM
Were the older Parker Hale black powder marketed repros really made by Parker Hale or were they just marketed by them ?

How is the quality on those?

If you enjoyed reading about "Older Parker Hale repros, (quality?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alsask
July 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
The ones made by Parker Hale in England are better than the originals as far as metalurgy ect. is concerned. Parker Hale actually borrowed the pattern pieces stored in the Tower of London before setting up the tooling, as a result they are the closest replica.

Any I have seen command a premium price.

4v50 Gary
July 15, 2013, 10:15 PM
Excellent replicas. The only trouble is that the patterns they choose to duplicate the modern repros on were post-Civil War pattern guns, thereby making them unsuitable without modification for Civil War re-enactors. English made Parker-Hale command a premium over the Italian repros today.

Float Pilot
July 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
I think I have one on the way.......

A 1861 Musketoon replica.

Float Pilot
July 17, 2013, 01:02 AM
Yeap en-route....

I heard they are picky about which type of Minnie Bullet you use...

Dan D
July 17, 2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah, British made PH's were the standard for many years. I've heard that the new Pedersoli's are approximately equal in quality and (shooting) accuracy and even better in (historical) accuracy. Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison/test yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Older Parker Hale repros, (quality?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!