220 ackley imp 75 gr hornady?

PDA

toplot
July 20, 2013, 07:19 PM
Don't have a new Horn manual. Any body tell me some good 4350 loads for the standard swift and AI version using heavier bullets. Gotta 1-8 Shilen in my M77 shoots 64 grainers fine, but gearing up for deer and antelope since Wyoming finally made it a legal round for both. Anyone know where there are any DECENT priced 17 WSM rounds? Building a Remington #2 rolling block for the round but can't find ammo under 40-50$ a box!!

If you enjoyed reading about "220 ackley imp 75 gr hornady?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jstein650
July 20, 2013, 08:33 PM
75 grainers? Are you considering match bullets?
At any rate, Hodgdon lists 38.0 gr 4350 for a 70gr bullet at 3313 fps. So you'd have to start lower and work up. Of course, the AI will have enough capacity to make up for some of that. And their data may be for a slower twist barrel which may have given them an acceptable pressure. Might I suggest something like the 70gr GMX tipped homogeneous bullet for game?
No clue as to the 17 WSM.

If you enjoyed reading about "220 ackley imp 75 gr hornady?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!