SKS barrel life

PDA

N3rday
March 21, 2004, 01:33 AM
How many rounds is the Yugo SKS good for before it bites the dust?

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS barrel life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moparmike
March 21, 2004, 03:14 AM
But I suspect that with proper maintenance a barrel would be guaranteed for 10,000 rds. After all, its a battle rifle.:)

Cyberdyne systems
March 21, 2004, 03:42 AM
my guess is between 10,000 - 25,000 rds but since it isnt chrome lined maybe less ?

if you clean it regularly it should last a long time...

standingbear
March 21, 2004, 08:12 AM
chrome lining isnt everything.how many us made hunting rifles have chrome lining?I would think it would last beyond the 20k round life easily if its taken care of.the yugo sks are made from milled steel and not metal stampings with riveted in parts.

jar
March 21, 2004, 10:26 AM
One and one half shoulder lives.

N3rday
March 21, 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm not much of an expert on this but...what do yuo do when your barrel goes out? Can you have it 're-done' by someone, or do you just have to replace the barrel or buy a new gun?

Redlg155
March 21, 2004, 12:23 PM
the yugo sks are made from milled steel and not metal stampings with riveted in parts.

I take it you are referring to the AK. I have yet to see a stamped reciever AK fail from too much firing. Plus that has no bearing on barrel life.

I'd venture to say you'd shoot your Yugo for a long, long time before you would notice anything. Just blast away!:D

Good Shooting
Red

Mannlicher
March 21, 2004, 09:18 PM
N3rday, I guarantee you will wear out before you can wear out an SKS barrel.

natedog
March 21, 2004, 09:53 PM
replace the barrel? why bother on a $90 rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS barrel life" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!