Why I don't compete in Gunfighter classification

PDA

duelist1954
July 27, 2013, 09:05 AM
I was out shooting a pair of Cimarron London Model 1851 Navy revolvers yesterday, and I thought you all might like a little peak at them in action.

I gave two fisted shooting a try, but it is painfully obvious that I lack the skill to pull it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV6EzBMv6k

If you enjoyed reading about "Why I don't compete in Gunfighter classification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Missionary
July 27, 2013, 09:23 AM
Greetings
We all have differing capabilities. But whatever do not loose the smile of walking away knowing you did your best and having a great time while doing it.
Mike in Peru

Crawdad1
July 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
Another great video Duelist and good shooting!!! Did you fill the hammer notch with JB Weld prior to shooting?

Norton Commando
July 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
Another great video Duelist and good shooting!!! Did you fill the hammer notch with JB Weld prior to shooting?

And why would you do that?

Crawdad1
July 28, 2013, 01:24 AM
On another video he filled the notch on the hammer face with JB Weld to stop it from grabbing the cap after firing, pulling it off the nipple and jamming the action. There's a thread about this also but I can't seem to find it.
I took his advice and did it myself and it works great on my Colts even though it makes it a five shot while hunting.

Norton Commando
July 28, 2013, 10:25 AM
Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

BCRider
July 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
I've tried Gunfighter style now and then in my club's monthly meets. It's a humbling experience that suggests that the folks which are good at it do a LOT of dry fire practice at home.

Arkansas Paul
July 31, 2013, 04:08 PM
Man, I have got to get a C&B revolver. I'm thinking a .36 Navy.

Texas Moon
July 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
I do that with two Walkers.

Over the shoulder.

Backwards.

With a mirror.

:neener:

mdauben
August 6, 2013, 05:22 PM
Another fun video! I've already got one Uberti London model, and I'd really like to get a second one and a "Wild Bill" dual holster rig for them. :D

robert garner
August 10, 2013, 08:05 AM
A silk sash?
robert

mdauben
August 10, 2013, 02:57 PM
A silk sash?
No, I'm thinking more a double cavalry draw (butt forward) rig, like this:

I just have to make sure the belt is long enough! ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Why I don't compete in Gunfighter classification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!