Kahr P9 9mm. any good ?

PDA

MR.G
March 21, 2004, 04:24 PM
Looking at a P9 Kahar 9mm. Are these worth the money ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr P9 9mm. any good ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arinvolvo
March 21, 2004, 04:48 PM
Seems as if a lot of people own them, love them, and carry them on a daily basis...If you are looking for small size, and light weight..then yes, it may be worth the money to you.

u084708
March 21, 2004, 06:51 PM
I have a P9 Covert and just love it - accurate, not bad recoil, and very relieable functioning. A wonderful pistol for CCW.

Gunmeister
March 22, 2004, 09:14 AM
Love my Kahr PM9, K9, K40,and the MK40 Elite that I mistakenly traded for a Glock19 recently. Hey, Glocks are good but Kahrs are better stock out of the box. Glocks can be improved with after market stuff. Ever wonder why there isn't a lot of after market trigger stuff available for Kahrs? It's because they simply don't need it.
Kahr's are great pistols don't let anyone tell you otherwise, most folks who are "down" on them don't own one or don't shoot one long enough to realize what good firearms they are. Out of the box, one of the smoothest trigger actions on the market today. Early polymer models were a little troublesome but seem to have the bugs worked out. My recently acquired PM9 has about 1K rounds fired with no probs.

mini14jac
March 23, 2004, 09:20 AM
Just like every other gun maker, Kahr has let a few lemons out the door.

But, to answer your question: Yes.

I've got a PM9 that is awesome.
I'm getting close to 1000 rounds with no problems.

treeprof
March 23, 2004, 10:50 AM
I had one, and it was accurate and reliable. Despite Kahr's warning, mine did not need a 200 rd break-in; it ran fine from the start. It was an early one, and did a need a trip to Kahr to have the slide stop removed and that problem fixed (a little retaining spring held in by a tab that was poorly made in some early models, IIRC) I sold it primarily because the grip was waaayyy too small, even with a Hogue rubber oversleeve. My hands haven't been that small since I was 8 yrs. old! It was fine for shooting single shots, but I souldn't get enough of a hold to make accurate multiple shot strings. If it fits you, I see no reason not buy one. I was hoping my wife would take to mine, but it had too much "flip" for her taste.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr P9 9mm. any good ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!