Steve's Knives, Alvin, TX?

PDA

Speedo66
July 28, 2013, 05:14 PM
Friend just picked up a nice knife from an estate sale, maker is "Steve's Knives, Alvin, TX".

Google didn't show much. Anybody familiar with their products, and have an opinion as to quality, collector interest, etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "Steve's Knives, Alvin, TX?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Speedo66
August 5, 2013, 12:31 PM
Nobody's ever heard of this brand?

hso
August 5, 2013, 03:04 PM
Post a picture of the logo and the 2 inches on each side of it and a picture of the entire knife.

Speedo66
August 7, 2013, 09:25 PM
This isn't my friends knife, but same brand, one that was auctioned.

http://www.jbrucevoyles.com/AHM08/Auction0508%20091.JPG

olderguns
August 8, 2013, 06:00 PM
Steve was/is? Steve Davenport as far as I know he made a lot of fine knifes in the mid 1970's, My father had a skinner with guthook from him, theres one almost like it over at Fine&Mint collectible knifes they have a few,, or Google steve Davenport texas knife maker, sorry couldn't be more help, FWIW his blades still bring a respectable price when you can find them.

olderguns
August 8, 2013, 06:05 PM
If you really want some knowledgeable guys for knife ??'s there's a great bunch over at Blade forum .com
Hope it's alright mentioning another forum here if not I apologize.

Speedo66
August 9, 2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the answers, appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Steve's Knives, Alvin, TX?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!