Savage 22 Model 87A

PDA

jbolick055
July 31, 2013, 10:53 AM
I recently acquired a Stevens/Savage Model 87A 22 that shoots shorts and longs. It says on barrel that it can be single shot or automatic. I have found out a little information on this site about the gun and the general concensus is that it is a great shooting 22. My question is how much would this gun be worth today and how can I tell how old it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 22 Model 87A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7mmsavage
July 31, 2013, 07:56 PM
I just sold one for $100. Fun little rifle. I always liked that the bolt would hold back until you release the trigger. I was able to somewhat date mine by the factory or name of the city that was stamped into the barrel. If i remember correctly mine was made in the early sixties. I never did try to shoot any shorts through it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 22 Model 87A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!