Help

PDA

TJT
August 5, 2013, 01:15 PM
I recently moved from Michigan to Kentucky. I am an avid Deer Hunter and Fisherman. I have been in Kentucky for 2 months and I am going crazy. I have 3 beautiful daughters and a wife that hate deer hunting. I need to meet some people to shoot bows and guns and to just B.S . I am not a really people person. But like i said I need to talk to guys about fishing and hunting. Not what my wife and girls talk about . LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schwing
August 5, 2013, 01:48 PM
I am in Utah but I feel your pain. My wife and 3 daughters are the most important thing in my life... This stuff is a close 5th. I have been able to get my girls to go a few times but there isn't a lot of interest there.

beeenbag
August 5, 2013, 08:38 PM
well bub, im in kentucky but im about 3 hours to your east. If your ever up this way (Grayson, Ashland area) let me know and we will hit the range. There are quiet a few members here from kentucky, maybe a more descriptive thread title can help you draw them in, just "help" doesnt draw the direct attention of fellow kentuckians.

Art Eatman
August 5, 2013, 09:40 PM
Start with the Yellow Pages and the local shopper paper for gun shops. You can also do the Google thing for gun stores in your area. Gun clubs, as well.

mbt2001
August 5, 2013, 10:01 PM
Why does your family hate hunting?

Patocazador
August 6, 2013, 12:43 PM
1) Get away from Louisville.
2) Go out into surrounding small towns and drop in at a place that sells guns. Hang out a little and listen to the conversation. When it gets around to hunting, join in and mention your love of hunting and that you are new here. Someone will probably help you out.
3) If 1) and 2) fail, go to a country bar and buy a likely-looking candidate a drink.

Just don't come on too strong.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!