If you ever Thought that Dirt Bikers Are Anti's Click here.

PDA

Zedicus
March 21, 2004, 10:20 PM
If you ever Thought that Dirt Bikers were Anti's Click The Link below.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1002807/

Good News for us eh?:D

If you enjoyed reading about "If you ever Thought that Dirt Bikers Are Anti's Click here." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Destructo6
March 21, 2004, 10:56 PM
Never thought they (we) were. The same folks trying to close public lands to riders are also trying to close those lands to shooters. Heck, even mountain bikers, folks I'd tend to paint as green, are learning that the Sierra Club is not their friend. Perhaps this is an example that shows that the slippery slope isn't necessarily a logical fallacy.

FirePower
March 22, 2004, 01:22 PM
I ride, and I know several gun owners that ride. The thought never occured to me to group riders with antis?!

mtnbkr
March 22, 2004, 01:47 PM
Heck, even mountain bikers, folks I'd tend to paint as green, are learning that the Sierra Club is not their friend

Just now? I could've told you a decade ago that the SC wasn't our friend.

Oh, and I know of more than a few mountain bikers that are into guns as well. On first biking oriented trips I took during college, several brought handguns and I got to shoot my first handgun and my first centerfire gun. I think 3 of the 6 brought guns and shot them (national forest, ranger said we could shoot as long as we used a good backstop) when we weren't riding.

Chris

Peter Gun
March 22, 2004, 01:49 PM
Why would anyone think any kind of motorhead was an anti? We moto people like power, noise and challenging machine w/ lots of technical variations. Match made in heaven. In fact, this winter I had a great time riding my thumper around Death Valley, stopping at abandoned mines to contribute holes to the sheet metal. Kind of like biathalon.

2nd Amendment
March 22, 2004, 03:28 PM
Perhaps this is an example that shows that the slippery slope isn't necessarily a logical fallacy.

The "slippery slope" IS a logical fallacy...until you read some history. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "If you ever Thought that Dirt Bikers Are Anti's Click here." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!