only so much lead left

PDA

blarby
August 6, 2013, 01:25 AM
So, I have just enough lead to make 75 shotgun shells.

And its going to be my las lead for a long, long, long time.

I just came across 2 #'s of blue dot- far more for the task at hand.

So, what should I make ?

I have three thoughts :

I. 7/8th oz slug, and 6 .311 roundballs

II. 18 .311 roundballs

III. 2 .575 roundballs, and 3 .311 roundballs.

More of a "what should I do for fun this week" thread, and one that everyone can get in on !

If you have other thoughts, feel free to chime in.

If you enjoyed reading about "only so much lead left" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lightman
August 6, 2013, 11:23 PM
I can't advise you on your bullets, as I don't know your needs. But I am curious if you are having problems finding lead.

I'm still scrounging lead, even though I have a good stash, and I'm still finding quite a bit for free, and even more fairly cheap. My wheelweight buys are having more zinc and iron than in the past, but still enough lead that I will take them. I'm also still getting phone company cable and some roofing stuff. Lightman

blarby
August 8, 2013, 05:53 AM
Not having problems finding lead- having problems using it.

I believe after this batch- which will be in my final winter batch, that casting is going to be at most a once in a year event for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "only so much lead left" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!