Safari Arms Matchmaster vs Detonics Scoremaster

PDA

KYamateur
August 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
Someone I know passed away and I have a chance to buy either of these guns. I can only afford 1 of them and can get them for basically the same price. $800-900. Both are like new. Which do you reccomend and why?

If you enjoyed reading about "Safari Arms Matchmaster vs Detonics Scoremaster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
August 7, 2013, 03:03 PM
I always wanted a Safari Arms my self. I have a early Detonics from Wa. State Will be passed on to my children.

LeonCarr
August 7, 2013, 04:08 PM
Detonics Scoremaster.

IMO/IME the Detonics handguns are better built and more accurate than the Safari Arms. In their day the Detonics was the closest thing to a factory built custom handgun and much better built and finished than the Safari Arms.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

KYamateur
August 7, 2013, 10:27 PM
I know the Matchmaster has standard 1911 parts with the exception of the funky frame grip. I'm not sure about the detonics. Parts availabilty is important because I'm going to shoot whichever gun I get at the range quite a bit. Does anyone know about the Detonics parts?

shiftyer1
August 8, 2013, 01:20 AM
I own a safari arms 1911, I've been happy with it. I know what I paid but have no clue as to what they're worth. I have never seen another just like mine and I believe it's an earlier one.

I paid 650 in a gun store that tends to be a little high. I've never regretted it's purchase!

Never owned or handeled a detonics so I can't comment on them.

tarosean
August 8, 2013, 03:33 AM
I believe the Scoremaster uses different frame, slide and barrel than the standard 1911. Small parts are the same though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Safari Arms Matchmaster vs Detonics Scoremaster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!