Die question

PDA

Grassman
August 7, 2013, 07:19 PM
Are there any difference between 300 Blackout and Whisper dies? My gun is chambered in Blackout, should I stick with blackout dies? Stupid question, maybe, wait....There are no stupid questions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Die question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tolkachi Robotnik
August 7, 2013, 07:28 PM
You would have to check specs. If the two have exact dimensions it may make no difference even if the two cartridges operate at different pressures. If they are not exact dimensions there might be difficulties.

243winxb
August 7, 2013, 07:32 PM
NRA article on both http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/shades-of-gray/ The first Lee dies in 300 Blackout were made as special order for Midwayusa, to there specifications. I dont know if they will work with the Whisper??

Grassman
August 7, 2013, 08:23 PM
I was at Cabela's today and saw some Hornady Blackout/Whisper dies. I plan to start loading for my Blackout soon and was wondering.

cfullgraf
August 7, 2013, 08:45 PM
I believe the external case dimensions are the basically same. The difference is in the chambers (leade, throat, etc). But, I have slept since then.

I have a set of the Hornady dies but I am currently resizing with a Redding die. I forget exactly why I made the switch although I am still using the Hornady seater.

If you enjoyed reading about "Die question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!